Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
So I've only been diagnosed for couple of months and right at the beginning the cymaolta worked and gave me relief and hope that my chronic pain wasn't my life sentence. However latly I've been having extreme pain and ended up off work for a week. Today I go back and am having a huge anxiety attack thinking of all the questions about what's wrong and of course the work itself which I'm sure has piled up. This week home have me such joy I did what i could, then rested and disnt have any headaches. I sure hope things go well wish me luck. Take care all!

I hope your day back went okay.....I remember those days. It is nice to be home. No guilt, no rush, no fuss....Just remember, you will have bad days, multiple days so will likely miss more work than you may have before. You have to just roll with it and not stress or feel anxiety when you go back. I lived that for many, many years. If you have a good boss, then talk to him/her. If you work for the government, then get in FMLA paperwork to protect yourself. I'm glad you had some relief being home... :)

I don't know how I would cope back at work now... Well I do ...I would fall apart... Wish you well, remember do what you can do, pushing yourself will only result in more time off work, your path is one I am glad I am not walking anymore, but feel jelly to...good luck x

Thanks for kind words.I survived. The worst was coworkers and the what was wrong with you? Are you on any medicine? I'm wondering what works for others.

remember tim there are friends and family and then associates. know the difference

Tim25, you are also covered under FMLA if you work for a private employer that meets the following: "Private sector establishments are covered by the Act if they employ 50 or more employees for at least 20 workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year at one or more worksites within 75 miles (15). An employee is eligible if he or she: works for a covered employer; has worked for that employer for at least 12 months; has worked for at least 1,250 hours over the 12 months before leave is needed; and works at a location with 50 or more employees within 75 miles." This will also protect any benefits you have, such as health insurance. For more information about the law, go to to the US Department of Labor website: http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/.

Best wishes. I hope you'll manage the return to work. As far as other employees, just tell them you have a chronic illness if you have to say anything. You don't need to say anything more. Your health is a private matter from other employees. If you do file under FMLA, deal directly with the HR department at your place of employment to get all the information. They tend to be more aware of privacy laws than the average supervisor.

Good point Loftpat! I haven't worked for private industry so didn't know the rules for FMLA outside of government.

My suggestions is to do whatever you need to protect yourself. They can not discriminate or retaliate if you submit FMLA accommodation.

Thanks for info. I was wondering if anyone knows about Canadian workplace laws?

Oops, sorry for assuming US FMLA. I don't know Canadian laws, but try checking your Bureau of Labor. If you have an HR person at your place of employment, they should also be assisting you without any predjudice. You'll likely need to get some sort of medical letter from your doc indicating work limitations or necessity to continue care. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back