DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
AU
State
SA
Hi all,

I was finally diagnosed last year (after having many dr's tell me "everyone gets tired and achey sometimes") by a great gp who finally took me seriously. I've been coping ok since, but stress is a BIG trigger for me. I had a training workshop yesterday for a course I'm doing online, and by the time I got home I felt exhausted and knew I would have a bad day the next day.

Well I was right! Today I feel like I have stumbled out onto the road with a hangover and been hit by a truck! Massive headache that pounds whenever I get up and move around, so I have spent most of the day in bed :( Meds no use. Joints ache, feel tired and weighed down, and hands & feet have that prickly burning sensation, electric blanket helps with that.

I hate feeling like this and feel so alone as I have a very unsupportive partner who thinks its all in my head and is just me looking for an excuse to be lazy!

I'm after any tips you all have on what works for you. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Hi, I don't have too many flares, stress is a huge reason as I see it. I just had a little encounter with a friend a while ago and it put me into a mild flare....

I use Inositol and Gaba thru the day to keep myself calmer....these are supplements and can and do help me. Also doing meditation as much as possible is a huge HELPER overall. Getting into the habit is all it takes...it does help to Meditate and there are many types to work with .... j

If you can manage a bath with epsom salts, it can help with pain and help you relax. Since I only have a shower now, when I get headaches and all over pain. I'll just stand in the shower and let the hottest water I can handle relax my body. Whatever you can do to relax will help ease the muscles and pain. I find when I hold myself stiffer when I am in pain, it makes it worse...including headaches. Turn on some soft music and meditate or just picture yourself on a tropical beach, sea breeze blowing through your hair, and having a margarita served by a buff young man. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back