Not open for further replies.

jdigges1

Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
US
State
TX
I need help, I was diagnosed with fibro 10 years ago. I am exhausted and can't hold my head up. I am looking for a good diet to move into my diet I have removed dairy because I have found that it really wears me down. Also has anyone used holistic meds to help with fatigue?

Welcome to the forum idgges1. I have not used holistic meds for fatigue, only for pain. But I can argee with you on using less dairy products. I started using almond milk and stopped drinking cows milk and eating processed margarine and cheese. I have found it helps me physically and helps my skin stay clearer from excema. But the fatgue can still wipe me out if I over do. If I try to multi-task I usually make a big mess of it by forgeting half of what I am attempting to do. The best thing is to allow yourself to relax and rest more often.

If you were a go-geter like me, you will find taking time to relax is hard. We feel the need to keep going even in the face of real fatgue setting in. Somehow feeling guilty for taking a few minutes or hours to relax and rest. I fight with myself mentally to just stop and sit down and watch a movie, and relax. But then so often I do too much in one days time and I am forced to relax as fatgue sets in.

Others here will be able to share their diet tips with you. Glad you found the forum and see you around. :)

Just joined and saw this message. Hope you don't mind my butting in but I, too, deal w/exhaustion and have found something that works well for me. If you've not heard of the Meyer's Cocktail I recommend you check it out on line. With my doctor's help I have found someone who gives me vitamin infusions on a regular basis. I began taking the infusions at the beginning of this year on a weekly basis. I didn't notice much change right away but I think that has something to do with my age--I'm 71. By late March I noticed I was feeling better and started going in every two weeks instead of weekly. At this point I'm down to once every 4-5 weeks. I still get tired but not like before. I have a lot more energy and some semblance of a normal life. It's definitely worth looking in to.

Welcome to the forum idgges1. I have not used holistic meds for fatigue, only for pain. But I can argee with you on using less dairy products. I started using almond milk and stopped drinking cows milk and eating processed margarine and cheese. I have found it helps me physically and helps my skin stay clearer from excema. But the fatgue can still wipe me out if I over do. If I try to multi-task I usually make a big mess of it by forgeting half of what I am attempting to do. The best thing is to allow yourself to relax and rest more often.

If you were a go-geter like me, you will find taking time to relax is hard. We feel the need to keep going even in the face of real fatgue setting in. Somehow feeling guilty for taking a few minutes or hours to relax and rest. I fight with myself mentally to just stop and sit down and watch a movie, and relax. But then so often I do too much in one days time and I am forced to relax as fatgue sets in.

Others here will be able to share their diet tips with you. Glad you found the forum and see you around. :)

Thank you for your help. Last week was such a bad week for me I have had a full blown crash. If felt as if someone slipped me a sleeping pill. They ran a ton of blood work and stool work up to see what was causing the crash. The blood work showed that one the spots we thought was shingles was a fever blister on my rib cage. It also showed signs of Mono. The Dr said that my strep levels were high but did not show signs of the strep outbreak. All in All my immune system crashed and it was sending my blood in a whirl wind to bring up so much. I feel a little better today but, still trying hard to keep my eyes open. Making sure I take the time to rest and not push.

The hardest thing to live with is I have a 10 year old and I can't keep up and have to miss out on several things because I just can't keep going. I hate that this has happened and wish for that simple burst of energy. I had to remove myself from soccer coach, PTO and many other activities. But, she is starting to understand and live with the results.

I would love to know what type of Dr. you found for the IV vitamins. I have been reading a lot on this would love to find the right person to do it.
I don't know if you ever watched the documentary Food Matters it is on Netflix and that is were I found out so much of vitamins.
I am looking into detoxing my body I think all the meds are causing me to be toxic and need a relief from the toxins. I can't loose any weight and just keep packing on the pounds. Thanks for jumping in the forum it takes a village to find help. I am so glad I got on and we have someone that understands and can always pick us up.
Jenni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back