New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Eff fibro is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Foxboro
State: MA
Diagnosed: 10/2014
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Eff fibro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sex

Thanks for your reply terbear. I've been to the gyno regularly... probably more than most. I just had an ultrasound to check for PCOS (anyone know of a link between fibro and PCOS?) My gyn says there's nothing physically causing pain. I do have a pre-cancerous condition for which treatment leaves me in pain, but when I'm not having treatment related pain, intercourse hurts. I'm pretty positive it's because my hunny is TOO well endowed, and YES there is such a thing! When you cannot have sex because he's so big... its not fun. We try different positions, various lubes, and often end up fooling around instead of actually having sex. He says the intimacy from a "hand session" is enough to satisfy him most of the time so that helps. We've found great enjoyment in our fool around sessions. after struggling to "do it" once a month I started pushing myself to put out in other ways and I didn't expect such results! It was almost MORE intimate to reach climax without actual intercourse, for both of us! It brought us closer and took pressure off me, knowing I could satisfy him without enduring pain. And he enjoyed getting pleasured without seeing me fighting back tears. I can only imagine its difficult for him when we try to have sex and either cant because of the pain, or he sees me fighting back tears. He says he doesn't like hurting me and it makes him feel guilty for wanting it despite my pain. Of course I tell him not to feel bad, that *I* feel bad, but it's bound to happen.
I never knew there was such a thing as a pain psychologist! That sounds like it'd def be helpful. I try to do deep breathing and relaxation when I feel the anxiety, sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I will be looking into that for sure! Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice!