Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
I can't believe how awful I feel every day for the past three weeks.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a flareup for this long. I making appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. It's very discouraging when you can't get up and do your housework. It makes me feel pretty worthless. Everyone keeps telling me it will get better but it's not. Please tell me it really does get better. :-x

Sorry OJ : ( Since I've acquired it (it's been 9mo), I only had one bout that was about that long. I had extreme fatigue, constant pins and needles, low grade fever, etc. Soon after, I had blood work done, and they said I had a recent EBV infection, so they assumed that was the cause. I was run down for a while after that. Do you know if you have ever been exposed to the virus? Might be worth bringing up to the Dr. tomorrow

I'm sorry you are going through a long flare. I hate to even post this, but mine has currently been 4 months and I get a day or so of good, then back down. It can be frustrating if you let it. I have been watching a lot of movies, playing games on my phone or computer and started coloring to pass the time. It will get better. Some last longer than others. It had been a while since I had a major flare up for me.

My mom was having health issues in September so I was trying to be there for her and go to all of her appointments. I think my body just hit a wall in January. I have a 14 year old daughter and have had to arrange transportation to and from school. She has had to handle her own dinners (Hubby works out of town Monday-Thursdays). I truly believe, just keeping a positive attitude will help your mental state during flare ups. If you can't beat it, roll with it. Good luck.....Gentle hugs.

You will definitely outlive the condition. I believe the body has a way of conditioning itself to pain, sort of an experience. In this life, we have to accept that there are ups and downs and the best thing is acceptance. The issue is as you continue to exist with the disease, you will become an expert at some point as you research on the disease and develop coping mechanisms with time. You have to be focused and willing to learn. It is important to keep a pain journal to record your activities and try to relate them on how they impact on the expression of the disease.

Ohhh, I'm so sorry your going through a long spell. Yes I have been there and yes it has got better. WAYYY better. I truely began to believe it would never end. I was begging God to just come get me. But he knew better. It came to pass. I dread another round like that but at least now I know it does have an end and yours does to.

Hang in there, quit worrying about being a burden, take rest, hot water bottles, heating pads, hot. Epsom salt baths if your up to it. Tv, research things that will help you when your up to it and find more hope.

We are here if you need us. The people on this forum are very compassionate.
Hold stead fast and know there is a prayer going out for you in the heart of Texas

Hi I'm new...I think it is so great that everyone posting is so positive!!! I can identify with OJ; my bout has been going on what seems like forever! I too feel worthless/useless. I can't seem to get anything done! The pain never goes away! Not sleeping right and am miserable all the time and I don't know what to do about it! The idea that I have to live the rest of my life like this is terrifying!!!

Hi there! As far as I know is not so uncommon to have a 3 week long flare, but I think it's a great thing you are going to see the doctor :) It's always better to be safe than sorry, good for you! Please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back