Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Some forums have doctors that contribute to the subject of the forum. Do we have any doctors who contribute here?

Hi,

As far as I have seen, there aren't any physicians contributing here.But any help wouldn't hurt.

Sagey

Sagey

yes i think a fibro expert would be a valuable asset provided they were experienced and accepting of the huge variables in how fibro affects different people.

It would be good to get any more help or feedback on a forum although i think between us we know better than many rheumatologists as to how this disease works..drugs available etc .no text book or even talking is the same as living for years with a disease and how to manage it.

yes i think a fibro expert would be a valuable asset provided they were experienced and accepting of the huge variables in how fibro affects different people.

It would be good to get any more help or feedback on a forum although i think between us we know better than many rheumatologists as to how this disease works..drugs available etc .no text book or even talking is the same as living for years with a disease and how to manage it.

Diamond, I asked the question about doctors but I thought before I asked that I would be surprised if any " doctor " would jump in to this type of forum ( illness, malady, whatever it is ) because it is a potential flash point for disagreement and perhaps even liabilities when one of us who is desperate for help takes a licensed persons word only to find out that whatever they suggested had to opposite effect.

I have a history of "PARADOXICAL" reactions to medication. And, although many people do not see or think of it this way; giving Ritalin, Adderal, or even Dexidrine to kids with ADD or ADHD is based on the theory of opposite reactions: Give a hyper active kid speed and they slow down and focus. Give me oxycodone and I'll paint the house and reupholster the furniture.while singing Ain't To Proud To Beg, when I finish with that I'll cut the lawn and cook dinner. Want a massage?

So it seems like a doctors advice here is froth with potential trouble; but I thought I would ask.

Hi VanGogh!
I'm glad You asked. I have been wondering that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back