Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
So hear ye hear ye! Tis time to give ones self a huge break from the worlds exspectation, let alone your own family members. One may say " Well its about time. " Or, to what privalege does one induldge in such wealth of positive information?? lol lol . ...
So hear is my wonderful news. Guess what!! You can take one step at a time! Yes, tis true, one leg infront of another walking, not a sprint, not
Cross country, no Marathon. Chances are running Marathons is what might of been my demise. So..... give yourself a break! Guess what! I can shave one leg at a time yes thats right, Sat. the left, Sunday the right. YES I said it, occasionaly I have one hairy leg, just waiting its turn. Ha ha, who REALLY cares anyway??? And guess what else, I can now sort bills, and not sort, pay, and phone calls all in the same day. Oh my gosh!,,,, The world did not fall off its axis. Whom else would understand the life of a fibro person.? I hope this helps someone. Oh and also.....guess what? If your having a fibro fog day, its ok to not talk!,,, Yes I have given myself permission to excuse myself if pressured, to just say Its probably better I excuse myself from this conversation, no apolagies, not guilt.
Id love to hear some feedback, what did you give yourself a break from?

Lmao! moe1959

And I thought I was the only one with one hairy leg , or one hairier than the other :oops:

I eat my each meal in irregular pattern, just kept walking away then coming back later for more bites over and over till I finally finish the plate it few hours later.

I cook half way or one progressing at the time ! Yep that's right . In one whole dish, for today I marinated the meat in ziplock bag and threw then in the fridge, a few day later I cook the meat then put it them back in the fridge, then the next day add the vegetables and I finally get to eat.

Kinda reminding me of that shampoo commercial that's shown a lady half washing her hair half brushing her teeth, and said that no body would do things half way.. Well I am! I wash my hair while taking bath sometime , I don't have energy to rinse it so I'll do it tomorrow or the day after next as long as there's no bubble left I can dry it. ..

Hair drying is very hard for me to do so I'll do the roots first , the rest stay in the new dry towel while I'm sitting next to heater. :confused:

My foggy day ... ah foggy... what was that again? .... I don't remember. You know the perk of fibro fog sometime is in the entertainment aspect. I can rewatching all my old tv show that I watch for so many time and still don't remember the details or even the correct ending. It's like I remember that I did watch it but it's almost feeling like I'm watching it for the first time! 8) So now I have a whole bunch of the not new tv shows to watch again if I could remember what it's call. :shock:

Last edited:
My best is i put my dinner on...so some sort of protein part in the oven and veggies that are already bought mostly ready chopped I put in a pan to boil.

Then i climb the stairs back to bed with my hwbs waiting for me and collapse in a heap. I have burnt the veggies SO often misjudging the time or forgetting completely.

I don't have energy to sit in a chair and kinda keep checking my meal cooking..how crazy is that.

Some days i put the kettle on to boil water for my 2 hot water bottles and to stop the kettle being too heavy for me to lift there is only enough for one of them.

My legs hurt so much and i feel too unwell to wait for a second kettle of water to boil so i go back to bed with 1 hwb and leave the kettle to boil again.

Then in a while I force myself back down stairs to refill the other one.

I know you would think its less effort to wait but somehow its not for me.....i just have to get my body and head laid down from feeling nausea and weakness.

I should add i have had fibro for a decade and it never used to be this bad so its not like i got fibro and decided id stay in bed...far from it. I hate even sitting around let alone laying around a lot of the time.

Wonder what the medical profession would actually think if they saw how we actually live??? :)

I had to smile Moe at the one hairy leg..lol.

I'm lucky i am fair have very little body hair as i think otherwise i would look like a gorilla..i cant remember the last time i shaved my legs!

Oh dishes for me! For some reason it hurts my back so bad. My roommate is nice enough to do them for me (hey pays less bills, he does dishes and the kitty boxes).
If I do them I have to do like 3 at a time.

I win, guys. I have 2 (count them 2!) hairy legs. That's not from fibro that's for winter. I have no one to impress lol.

Also love love love my crock pot. Put food in, set timer, and when its done it turns down to low until I get around to eating whatever is in it. Usually just involves throwing crap into the pot. lol

And, Tipnatee N. If you forget the shows that just lowers the stress of finding new ones! Look at the bright side. :)

Crock pot sounds a good idea.:)

This is my first post, all the way from Australia. Learning acceptance is so important but I still struggle with expectations, my hubby keeps encouraging me to just relax and love in the moment but I used to be on the go all the time, doing 10 things at once, made lots of quilts etc, etc. Now I find myself with a project that only needs an hour or two to finish and it sits there for a week with me unable to do it and i can get very frustrated and depressed. I'm starting to see that I still expect that I can control my days and if i just have smaller goals then I can achieve them. But, its really about living in the moment, looking at what you have done and rejoicing in that, even if its only resting because I needed to, instead of looking at the things I didnt get to do. Gee, that was long winded, I hope you got what I meant, if not we'll just put it down to fibro fog.

well done and welcome craftylady.

welcome here Craftylady

I love craft work but I'm the same as you, I can't finish anything now so I just stare at it instead. Unable to remember what to do next, it shouldn't take long but it has been a month and still nothing much to show. However , feeling that it's there for a reason and something to go back to when I can that's enough for me at the moment. As long as there's a goal to something , there's a reason to live for possibly tomorrow.

Oh and lyrin

When I said ' perk ' of my fibro fog for not remember tv show. My thought were the same as you too, now I can rewatch everything and enjoy it like I never watch it before. It's not always have to be a bad thing. ;)

I feel for all of you who struggle to complete daily chores or,begin a project that in your previous life you would have completed quickly because there was another one waiting in the wings.

There is hope,yes it is true,and it is in tempering your expectations at first....and increasing them incrementally according to your ability to recover,kind of like exercise.

The thing about passions,or interests of importance,they can influence the amount of rest you get in a negative way.

Last year I bought an awesome Louis XIV art frame that I spent 23 hours,over 3 days to restore its beauty.

The frame came out looking beautiful,myself,I had a horrible flare that lasted a week.I learned my lesson.

Today,I take my time,it is the smart thing to do and guess what?I still finish things,just not as fast,but I still get the sense of satisfaction even if it was put on the back burner for a while.

I really believe in the cumulative effects of small victories over time making a difference.

I had a long conversation with a client\friend,who just happens to be a GP,about the treatment I had begun in August.

Again,he reminded me of the medical community's inability to advance knowledge because of bias,ego and greed.

Even though I have lost my IBS symptoms,a horrible daily stomach ache that started over a year ago,but had plagued me on and off for 20 years.

Even though my finger nails are changing from wavy,ridged and splitting,to starting to look much better.

Even though,I am again having a five day virtually pain free experience,even my two herniated discs in my neck do not hurt!

Even though,I now have more good days then bad

He had the gall to say it was a placebo effect,not the experimental treatment that does not include them,and is virtually free.

I will not talk to ignorant doctors anymore about this subject,why bother.

They can't stand(or their egos)the fact that they are not as smart as they think they are!

His attitude made me sick,because they really do not care about patients' suffering.It is a business like any other even though it should not be.

They prefer people who do not question their knowledge or raison d'etre!!(reason to be or exist).

I will prove the clown wrong!That is my easy resolution!!

Thank you. That was good for a laugh!

I have been trying to finish weaving a scarf for the past few months. I only have about 6 inches to go but just can't bring myself to do it.

Sometimes when I get sick and tired of thinking about my unfinished projects,I put them in direct view in a place I will see for sure everyday.

Kind of like a constant nag that never stops,till you finish it hahaha!It actually works as a strategy,try it.

What I use as well is,to do the tedious parts with music or something soothing in the background\atmosphere or maybe a glass(es) of great wine!Whatever gives you motivation.

I'm so relieved to know that others have trouble finishing a project, or getting an entire meal cooked.

I have decided to use the crockpot a lot, and to put things like salad together early in they day. Now this paartially means if hubby thinks it looks good he will eat it - so I'm thinking we may end up having lunch as the bigger meal of the day. I don't really care. LOL

Right now I have a mini album in progress. It covers the entire dining table. I feel bad for the mess but....just walk by and look.

Anyway to the original question, I used to belong to several organizations. Before I met hubby, if I didn't feel like going to a meeting or event I simply didn't go. Then we married and he felt like i should go no matter what. This caused some problems, and I guess during that period of time my sensitivity to noise and crowds was increasing so it was getting harder. I finally sat him down and explained that if I don't go it is because I don't feel (physically0) like I can handle it.

He backed off. It helped. Now I have quit some of my activities, and I am much happier puttering at home, I can do just one step of what I need to do and call it a victory. Shave one leg, or 1/2 (I have nowdivided mine into 4 shaving events). Make one page for the mini album. Dust only one room. It takes me 3 days to clip the dog's hair -- too bad. :) I call my house the guilt free zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back