trayne91 is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Lake Geneva
State: Wisconsin
Diagnosed: 10/2013
Interest: I have been diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN
trayne91 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just want to curl up and cry

Aww, thanks for letting me whine. You all made me smile. So, I haven't taken anything since Thursday night. Firstly, I am surprised how good I feel. I have been in so much pain, I lay around crying, but for some reason, I've been blessed enough to get through these last few days without anything.

My Dr. never called back and when I called back they had left for the day. The on-call Dr. called me and said he was sending in Savella to the pharmacy (Friday night) because I complained I probably wouldn't be able to walk all weekend. Lucky me, I did. However, I didn't go pick up the Savella. I know what you are thinking... I didn't because it's another SNRI. Right now, I know how I did on Cymbalta - allergic reaction - and I have tried to take several others in the past for migraines (Celexa, Buspar, Amiprimine, Amitriptyline) and I couldn't do any of them. So, I went without anything but vitamins all weekend. Like I said, amazingly, I did ok... knock on wood. I just called my Dr. and told them I was afraid to pick this up and take it because I know I don't do well on these types of medications.

Since Thursday, I have had a constant headache with anxiety (that frustrating, headache, stuffy nose feeling type) every day. Yuck. I am waiting for all these meds to exit my system before I start something new because I feel like my body needs a reset right now.

Anyway, Dr. called back tonight and said she was sending Cyclobenzaprine in for me to take at night. If I do well on that, after my body adjusts, we can look at finding something to help the nerve electric shock pain, but right now this should help the muscle cramping. She also apologized for not having a quick fix for me. I told her thanks for helping me find something new and working with me. I told her I was nervous about the Savella since I've tried others in the past that didn't work - mostly for migraines and I ended up on Periactin for my migraines (4mg children's antihistamine) and it worked for me. Since gluten free, I don't take that anymore as the migraines disappeared. She said she thought maybe later we could try me on a low dose of Savella like 25 mg, but for now take the Cyclobenzaprine and let's do that first and then work on the nerve pain later.

What disturbs me the most about Savella is 1. the SNRI - I just can't take antidepressants. They buzz my head and I get dizzy and feel awful. 2. The rapid heart beat side affect. I spent my life worrying about the WPW Syndrome I had up until my ablation. So, that's just stuck in me, that any rapid heart rate possibility is bad. I still won't even drink some soda for that reason. Just an old habit and one that's good for me, too.

Although, I have a headache every day since stopping Gabapentin, I am glad I did. I was still only on the lowest dose and I look back and last week and wow, boy did I mess up big time. My work is all screwed up. I thought I only forgot to log my pain one day and I forgot the entire week. Looks like I had some amnesia going on and triple time brain fog. I thought I did things that I just didn't do at all. I can't imagine how I'd be if I kept taking it. It really just made me plain old "stupid" for a lack of words.

So, once I clear out my body and am free of this headache, I'm going to start the Cyclobenzaprine and we'll see what happens and go from there. I did let the Dr. know they had clinic trials out for time release of this for fibro (I read about it), so if it works, that would available in the future. Wish me luck.