View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:18 PM #2
Registered Member

medicmurphy has a spectacular aura aboutmedicmurphy has a spectacular aura about
Registered Member
City: Cochrane
State: Alberta
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
medicmurphy has a spectacular aura aboutmedicmurphy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Stiffness after physical activity

Whether you have Fibro or not, stiffness is common. With Fibro you may be more so. Exercise is good for Fibro and when performed properly will help with pain....believe it or not. One way to help with this stiffness is to stretch after activity. Look into Yoga. Again, this is key with or without Fibromyalgia. The type of activity you're describing is pretty tough on anyone. Mopping, sweeping, lugging garbage around is usually done with poor body mechanics. This isn't anything you're doing, it's the nature of the work. Keep mindful of your posture while performing these tasks. Lift with your legs, not your back. If you can, assign the heavier work to your staff.

You can google proper stretches on line. This should be done preferably when your muscles are warm. Look into Biofreeze. It's a cream that can be applied to sore muscles. Also, I find a heating pad provides relief as well. I think some patients with Fibro shy away from physical activity not only because of a fear of pain but they think it may make them worse. In actuality, a sedentary lifestyle contributes to worsening symptoms. Depending on the severity of your FM, keep as active as tolerated.

Last edited by medicmurphy : 11-27-2017 at 11:23 PM