Old 03-01-2019, 04:32 PM #2
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Cshook is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Stuart
State: FL
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Cshook is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FM/a blood test for Fibromyalgia

From my experience with Fybo I understand it to be a diagnosis of exclusion. I have also been "diagnosed" and suffering for over 10 years. I have been tested for everything and including Sjogrens (negative) and although my "tests" don't show anything definitive in arthritis my inflammation factor is 39 (normal is 8 or below). My Mother has had MS since she was 19. There is a test for that, a spinal tap. I would be very interested where you found the information on a blood test. So many new things out there and I have such trouble keeping up since most of my energy is spent just trying to get through the day. You will find that most autoimmune disease diagnosis (Sjogrens) are not usually stand alone conditions. All most all have several "groupings" that piggyback one another like Fybro and Sjogrens or Arthritis and Fybro or Ryanauds disease and Sjogrens and/or all of the above. Since Fybo is most often a result of stress or injury induced it makes sense that if you have another pain causing condition then you will most likely develop Fybo as a way of the body coping (but that is actually the opposite of what happens). Over time, often it is hard to tell what condition is causing the pain and episodes or "flares".
Cshook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote