Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: *****
State: Pennsylvania
Diagnosed: 01/1995
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
1sweed has a spectacular aura about1sweed has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Husband cares for wife of 35 years

Bruin11,
I am glad you have come to this forum to share your feelings on many issues involving care giving and that a great many men do that loving role every day in a quiet way and feel somehow that their role in doing this is not noticed. But in the greater scheme of things men and women, do this job without fluff and fan-fair daily with no rewards. I have known many men who have lovingly cared for their girl friends and wife's, and parents day in and day out, wearing themselves out but not quitting even when the going gets rough because they love so much it is impossible to hand over the reins to someone else.
Something tells me your that kind of man and your wife should be thanking her lucky stars to have you in her corner.

Lots of members are not as lucky. They are treated badly and not believed. Family and friends often give up trying to understand this illness that has so few proof markers and so it is easier to think that person lazy or making things up then to just have faith and understanding of this condition.

However, on this forum we do stand up for all members and give them that hearty pat on the back that says thanks for a job well done and we all are proud of you for being one of the good guys!