Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2019
Country
US
State
SD
I am 54 years old. I have been feeling fatigue for a while ( 8/2016) when I looked back in my chart. I would say it has slowly came on and now fast forward around February 2019 still fatigue but more then before and all bloodwork is good.
Now in May I go back because the fatigue is much worse and she checked for hashimoto. Nope that wasn’t it. I also have some brain fog and on and off blurry vision I do have MS in my family. My maternal grandfather had it and I have a few first cousins each from different aunt with MS. So I wasn’t getting anywhere and now I hired a holistic MD Skype appointment and I am thinking maybe my hormones are all out of whack. I do a DUTCH urine test. Nothing really with that either.
Now September comes all of a sudden my muscles and skin hurt I am fatigued usually by noon or 1 pm. I use the carts at stores just to help me almost like a walker in disguise lol This pain and fatigue has snow balled and I am scared. It has gotten worse so fast. My muscles get tired and hurt but no cramps just pain. Also they get what I call earthquakes sometimes almost like a tremor.
My left arm muscles hurt the most but my legs and other arm do but I can tell my left is more weak. I had all kinds of blood test from rheaumatologist He said all my autoimmune markers were fine. I did have 3 tests out of probably 20 that came back significantly high were C reactive protein and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C reactive protein Quantative.
I just went to be checked at Endocrinologist today because some other physician said to check for cushings. He said no. Rheaumatologist at the end of exam said it was fibromyalgia. He did push in places that I had no idea even hurt and he said autoimmune wouldn’t do that. I did see something online to do a blood test for fibromyalgia and they sent out a test kit and I am waiting for the results. The Endocrinologist said there is no test. I am at a loss to know when do you believe and know they have the diagnosis correct.

Also do these pains ever go away for a month or is this pain stay with you most days?
Does anyone feel like they need to have a cane towards afternoon when muscles get weak? I finally ordered one but it isn’t here yet.
Any answers would be helpful. I don’t have any dragging legs or pin and needles so they didn’t think MS. I have slight burning and just weakness in my muscles. Massage and warmth feel amazingly good. I am just worried since this snowballed so quickly. Even standing is too much.

Hey good morning Kristin975! I'm not sure if the Dr is right ...after being under a team of Dr's since 2013, I think they mean well; however, it's NOT their situation sooo. ..yea, a great guesstimation is what I termed any dX (diagnosis) ...u can msg me .see me in real time on iG or fB I'm Taylor Williams. I'm reaching out to others LIKE ME who suffer double time on a daily bcuz our pain .our fight iS INvisible & doesn't show up on x-rays n tests or not as easliy recognized like cancers or spina bifida! Yet WE hurt all day AND all night just LIKE THEY DO TOO! ...sorry bout the rant ..but today.girl!!! I feel awesome all thanks to a packey of danggone tea!! Either way ..hit me up .so u can get SOME relief👑💞👑

**NO this is a REAL person, not a solicitation of ANY sort. I'm a Woman that was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, polymyalgia rheumatica, Meniere's Disease, & central pain syndrome.over the last 6 years...& my hope is to help as many as possible experience SOME, even if it's just a LITTLE relief. WE deserve to BE healthy!!!**

https://retail.totallifechanges.com/38163817

The following is based on my recovery from over 40 years of pain, and nearly 20 years of depression. My body was wrecked, my range of movement severely reduced. My body tense and restricted with pains and weird sensations everywhere.

I learned to use my body correctly and release all the pain by focusing on the 5 main muscles of movement. Starting from and always working from my Base-Line muscles.

1. pelvic floor "Base" (actually a group of muscles) - Think of these muscles contracting, a solid basket - the root/base of your body.

2. rectus abdominis Line. From pubic symphysis to your ribs at the front of your body, these parallel muscles are like to stacks of blocks to be activated in sequence extending from your pelvic floor Base. Our core pillar of strength that should support movement of the rest of the body.

Focus on your Base-Line becoming stronger and longer with every in breath.

Google images "Base-Line muscles" to see some pictures - a lot easier to understand than all my words!

It can take time to connect with muscles if you are not used to using them properly, but stick with it - think Base-Line all the time!

Then to connect your Base-Line to your legs by working with your gluteus maximus and rectus femoris muscles.

3. gluteus maximus . Your big ass muscles - think buns of steel. Solid, tight rocks....

4. rectus femoris . From pelvis to shin, a solid pole down the front of each thigh. The rectus femoris is part of the quads, but it is the only one that crosses both hip and knee joints so when it is fully active it aligns the hip and knee, positioning the leg as it should be.

Base-Line to upper body:

5. trapezius. The trapezius muscles are like a blanket of muscle from mid-back to the base of your skull, extending out shoulder to shoulder. Movement of the head and arms should start from the lower trapezius, expanding without restriction in all directions.

Have a look at the anatomy, find the 5 main muscles of movement on your body and then focus on them as you do whatever exercises feel comfortable to you.

All movement should start from and be supported by your Base-Line muscles, and is the key to starting to connect body and mind and feeling how to move to release some of the physical tensions on your body that restrict your movement and cause a lot of pain.

I started with Pilates. Yoga asanas now makes sense to me but my body was too wrecked - twisted, unbalanced and misaligned - for me to do any of the positions to start with. Tai chi is good for seeing how the body should be able to move.

Heat and massage are good, also being in water helped take the pressure off me as I moved.

I feel better than I ever have done before. I was a long process but the difference in my life is amazing!

Yoga, hot baths and some other form of general exercise help me the most. There are days where I just don't want to move or get up, but the longer I let myself stay down the worst things get. I'm not sure if it's the same for others, but sometimes I just have to force myself to endure a bit of pain in order to get moving.

I've bookmarked this page to follow your advice of engaging the "5 main muscles of movement" and will give it some attention. Sometimes these more "holistic" and "natural" remedies pay huge dividends.

The difference that focusing on the main muscles has made to my life is amazing. Just how much pain and tension I was carrying around because I did not use my body correctly and the decades of trauma that were stored.

I can't stress enough how everything stems from Base-Line.
pelvic floor Base rectus abdominis central Line.

1574879002259.png

Stonger and longer with every in breathe.

And keeping moving - as you've found. The less active we are the more restricted we become.

I use the "roll-down" action a lot. Feeling the support of my Base-Line and letting the rest of my body release as I breathe with my Base-Line in the roll-down position. I've never tried yoga as such but I can now get into positions that were unimaginable to me 3 years ago.

It's taken a lot of time and effort (and hot water bottles!). I had to relive a lot of pain to release it but every day is better.

Thank you for thinking about these muscles!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 54 years old. I have been feeling fatigue for a while ( 8/2016) when I looked back in my chart. I would say it has slowly came on and now fast forward around February 2019 still fatigue but more then before and all bloodwork is good.
Now in May I go back because the fatigue is much worse and she checked for hashimoto. Nope that wasn’t it. I also have some brain fog and on and off blurry vision I do have MS in my family. My maternal grandfather had it and I have a few first cousins each from different aunt with MS. So I wasn’t getting anywhere and now I hired a holistic MD Skype appointment and I am thinking maybe my hormones are all out of whack. I do a DUTCH urine test. Nothing really with that either.
Now September comes all of a sudden my muscles and skin hurt I am fatigued usually by noon or 1 pm. I use the carts at stores just to help me almost like a walker in disguise lol This pain and fatigue has snow balled and I am scared. It has gotten worse so fast. My muscles get tired and hurt but no cramps just pain. Also they get what I call earthquakes sometimes almost like a tremor.
My left arm muscles hurt the most but my legs and other arm do but I can tell my left is more weak. I had all kinds of blood test from rheaumatologist He said all my autoimmune markers were fine. I did have 3 tests out of probably 20 that came back significantly high were C reactive protein and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C reactive protein Quantative.
I just went to be checked at Endocrinologist today because some other physician said to check for cushings. He said no. Rheaumatologist at the end of exam said it was fibromyalgia. He did push in places that I had no idea even hurt and he said autoimmune wouldn’t do that. I did see something online to do a blood test for fibromyalgia and they sent out a test kit and I am waiting for the results. The Endocrinologist said there is no test. I am at a loss to know when do you believe and know they have the diagnosis correct.

Also do these pains ever go away for a month or is this pain stay with you most days?
Does anyone feel like they need to have a cane towards afternoon when muscles get weak? I finally ordered one but it isn’t here yet.
Any answers would be helpful. I don’t have any dragging legs or pin and needles so they didn’t think MS. I have slight burning and just weakness in my muscles. Massage and warmth feel amazingly good. I am just worried since this snowballed so quickly. Even standing is too much.
I have a lot of pain when I have to stand, even if it's just for a few minutes in the supermarket line. Sometimes the muscles in my arms are so weak I feel that I can't do anything. It used to frighten me, but it has become my normal.
Do whatever you find helpful and makes you feel better.
I find it very comforting just knowing that I'm not alone, and that there are people who understand what I'm going through

I find it very comforting just knowing that I'm not alone, and that there are people who understand what I'm going through

You're definitely not alone and there's lots of different things you can try to make life and fibromyalgia more manageable.

You're definitely not alone the pain can really push you to your limits some days, it's exhausting. But you just have to get through it one day at a time and share with others how you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back