Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
ID
I rarely ever need to vent like this, but tonight has just been so frustrating. My whole entire DAY has been frustrating.

Normally, I can deal. Take my meds and chill out when I'm having days like this. Sleep a lot, etc. Well, tonight I wanted to work. I'm a webcam model and can work at any time, so that works really well with my body and whatever it decides to act like.

But, today? Not at all. Not only did I wake up in a terrible fog, but I was tired, weighed down, sluggish, just everything. My fiance took his kids to the park and I went to a friend's house so I wouldn't be home alone while I felt like shit. I helped her clean a bit and my head cleared up a little..

Until I got back home. Migraine time! This is a new development for me. I've always had headaches and I attribute it to all of the medications I take. If I don't take them at the same time every morning, I get a headache. Easy enough. But, for whatever reason, I've been getting migraines. So instead of eating dinner with everyone, I got to eat dinner in bed, pop a pain pill and go to sleep.

Now that I'm awake, I've had to take another pain pill, a Xanax to calm the hell down, and now I'm just angry because my head doesn't hurt anymore, but I have horrible pains in my hand and my collar bone on the left side. NEVER have my flare ups been in my hand. It feels like someone is stabbing me through the skin between my thumb and first finger with a butcher knife. I REALLY DULL DAMN KNIFE. I've never had such a HUGE pain in such a TINY spot that was SO debilitating.

End vent for a second, as I have a question -- is there anyone else who gets flare ups in their chest and left arm/shoulder/collar bone/hand and freaks out? Because I do. I always think I'm having a damn heart attack. I've been checked time and time again. EKGs, D-Dimers, xrays, you name it. I have established with my doctor that yes, these are flare ups because my biggest trigger point is my chest, but it's still scary! Especially when it spirals out of control like it is right now!

Currently, my left hand is killing me, my right shoulder blade is throbbing, my arm will get a jolt from the pain in my hand, and my left collar bone hurts. I'm normally not one to need to vent, but tonight this is just ticking me off to no end. Half of me wants to just chill and half of me wants to go to the hospital -- AGAIN. What will they find? Nothing. Like they always do.

I think I've gotten to a breaking point. The headaches, the stress, the fatigue, the pain. Tonight, I just can't. It's like if it's not one thing, it's another. UGH!

(Thank you for reading my jumbled rant.)

So sorry to hear you are going thru this, it sounds so awful! Specially the migraines part, I completely understand you because i also suffer from that quite often and isn't fun. I prefer pain anywhere else in my body, but not the head or neck, those two can completely stop me from doing what I usually do!

As for your question, right now I'm dealing with something weird... the left side of my head hurts often, today I was told it was caused by the joint in my aw and my tension. I also have very tense neck muscles on that very same side. It's so annoying! My left arm also hurts, but that's because i use it a lot (I work online). No idea if this is common at all... the muscles in one side of my neck get tense, sometimes only one side o_O Left side is more common, I call it my bad side, lol.

What a horrible day! I am so sorry that you had such a terrible experience. I know there are days when I just can't get going and am in so much pain. I think we all get to that breaking point, but glad to have a place to vent. Hopefully you feel better now! :)

I end up with weird left side discomfort that isn't heart related, but I'll also hear my heart thundering in my chest. It only seems to happen late at night.

As for my hands, they're both hurting tonight, which sucks, because I'm a writer and my hands are sort of important to that craft.

Thank you everyone for replying!

I got a massage yesterday and I was feeling better for a little bit, but now my back is killing me again. I'm constantly on my laptop typing and I think my hands are getting to the point where they can't take it anymore .. maybe that is why I am getting the hand pain? I also paint, but not usually with my left hand.

Right now, my back hurts so bad that I have to lay down, then sit up, rinse and repeat. I can't sleep, nothing is helping.

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone's flare ups last more than just one day? My lower back gets HORRID flare ups and it's like this one has lasted for a couple days now, which normally doesn't happen. I'm afraid that the massage made it worse, but the flare up is in the same spot, which is not a spot that got much massage anyway.
Thoughts?

I just went through one that started Thursday night. I think it might be easing up finally today. Mine can go from 1-4 days or even a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back