Not open for further replies.

lizzie

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
UK
State
shropshire
So after 6 weeks off due to fibro flare, it was my first day back. Noone has bothered to ask how im feeling. There more interested in speculating on my illness between themselves, loud enough for me to hear.:-( my boss just asked why have you been off so long and will it happen again. I replied use google im too tired to explain. It didn't go down well though lol. Im absolutely knackered hurting in more places now. Why cant employers be educated about fybromyalgia and how to help employees.

Sorry to hear that, Lizzie! I know how frustrated you must feel! Your boss might not have liked the answer you gave him, but I do understand why you gave him that answer! Today I was feeling super frustrated again, it's ok to feel this way. We have right to feel this way, if we didn't... then how we'd deal with all this?

Good for you for getting back to work after 6 weeks.
I actually sent emails to my coworkers educating them about fibromyalgia. Weather they choose to read it or not is on them. If you do the same; may i recommend using sources of recognition, easy to relate to material, anything to help the ignorant believe what your are saying is true and real. It's not for sympathy, but for knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back