Not open for further replies.

jyl13

Diagnosis
06/1995
Country
US
State
FL
Has anyone had any cognitive testing? I did on Monday and found out I scored way below average on memory, memory recall, logic, math,reaction time etc. I knew I had problems but blamed them on fibro fog. I used to be smart but now I am really having trouble at work; I used to be able to multi-task and be very productive now I am really slow, can't spell and some days I have a real problem typing.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had any testing and how they scored.

I am afraid this is going to get worse and I will no longer be able to work.

Thanks for listening.

jyl13

Jyl, I haven't got that test done, but I don't need that to know I have a HUGE cognitive issue! I was just telling my mom something was happening with my english! I'm not as sharp as I was before, and I keep forgetting words. On some days I forget how to do simple mathematic operations, like substraction and division, but it's weird... it's like I forget them at times and I'm like iddle! I moments of complete confussion when my mind seems to have gone completely blank! I can't think clearly, and sometimes I forget how to conjugate words. I've forgotten where I'm going while driving. Sometimes at home I even forget why I go to certain room when I do. I often forget where I parked my car...

I too haven't had any testing done and don't think I want to. I'm scared to know how bad I have truly gotten. I've had more problems recently remembering little things. I have a huge problem carrying on a conversation with anyone. It's especially hard when I see that disappointed confused look from my 17 year old son. He tries to talk to me but I can't get a complete thought out or I forget the conversation we just had. He remembers what I used to be like...intelligent, quick witted, and remembered everything. On my bad days I'm half of what I used to be and that's sad and scary. I have to write lists out of things I need to do. I have multiply calendars to remind me of my appointments, my kids functions, and when bills are due. I get in my car and just drive. I completely fog-out and forget where I'm going. This part of fibro has been the most frustrating and hardest to accept.

Thanks for your responses. I am sure that this has gotten worse over time and wonder how far it will go. My husband has CFS and has memory issues too so we say together we have half a brain, "smile". Just typing this I have changed what I wrote three times and have had lots of misspelling (thank goodness for spell check!). Another thing I do is leaving words out of sentences when I write things, even after I have double checked it, that is one of my pet peeves. It is a wild ride we are on and all we can do is just try our best and laugh whenever we can.

On the bright side I have a great pain management doctor and he keeps my pain at a tolerable level, so I am very lucky in that aspect.

Maybe one day they can come up with something that would help us.

Hoping everyone has a good day. Gentle hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back