DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
I notice a couple of new guys on here.

I'm interested to know how fibro affects you and if you get more or less the same symptoms.

My dad has had CFS for over 35 years but does not really believe or understand my severe pain levels or degree of disibilty that has increased as the years have gone by.

His pain is reasonable well controlled ...but his fatigue is very bad.

Any men care to share how you are affected day to day. Can you still work etc?

I notice a couple of new guys on here.

I'm interested to know how fibro affects you and if you get more or less the same symptoms.

My dad has had CFS for over 35 years but does not really believe or understand my severe pain levels or degree of disibilty that has increased as the years have gone by.

His pain is reasonable well controlled ...but his fatigue is very bad.

Any men care to share how you are affected day to day. Can you still work etc?

My fibro is really bad and I also have chronic fatigue. I can barely make it to work and am just going through the motions. I work for my Dad and really only make it in 6 hours a day. Any other job and I would have trouble. I have bad brain fog and not really a vivid memory of anything. I struggle with personal relationships and am too unemotional - like I don't care about anything. My social, work, and sex drive is near zero. I get to sleep fine but wake up in pain and never seem to sleep more than 5 hours. I have sleep apnea. The one thing I am thankful for is my massage therapist who really tailors the massage towards me a lot. It is a temporary reprieve and not a permanent solution, but it helps keep me sane. My neck and back and hip pain can just be unreal.

I watch sports and hike and take photos of animals and nature when I can as a distraction.

Thanks for sharing....do you have a relative with fibro or CFS brett88?

It must be hard to work day after day although some on this forum do still work. Well done for the hiking...at least you are still finding a way to get some exercise.

Thanks for sharing....do you have a relative with fibro or CFS brett88?

It must be hard to work day after day although some on this forum do still work. Well done for the hiking...at least you are still finding a way to get some exercise.

Actually no. I have no relatives with fibromyalgia. In fact, my parents are still 72 and 75 and in very good shape, which makes it hard for them to understand fiber. I truly believe I would never have had it as I was 100% healthy until college. Then I got cytomegalovirus for 13 months, a cousin to mono, and never really was the same after that. I think over time, it wore down my immune system even when I thought it was gone.

I try to do hiking and find animals and take photographs. I'm tired but when i start finding stuff I get distracted in a good way and forget a little bit about my pain and fatigue.

I am a 35 year old male with Fibromyalgia. I suffer with severe pain in upper back and lower left back, IBS, Dizziness, Nausea, Brain Fog, Depression, Fatigue & Insomnia and Urinary frequency. I have been on meds such as Lyrica, Cymgen, Trepeline, Tramadol, & Tegretol and a few others. I was also taking highest dosages of these meds for a year. They never relieved any of my symptoms. I eventually ended up with kidney & liver problems. I have stopped all meds for about 2 years now. Three years ago I went in to severe depression and tried committing suicide. I am married with two little kids aged 7 and 11. I had a prospering career as a financial manager and fraud examiner. Now I am lucky if I can manage working 5 hours a day. My wife and family don't understand what I go through. I am having difficulty in my marriage coz she just won't understand. I have lost and cannot maintain any social life and relationships. Fibromyalgia has robbed me of my life.

Oh wow Krishna...my heart goes out to you...your story will resonate with so many of us.

I also find meds do nothing for the pain ...I so wish they could find something more effective.

Some people on here do seem to get their pain more under control.

I wish you wife and family could understand more....it has caused problems for most of us with relationships to varying degrees.

There are numerous threads on such topics if you look back over the past year.

I totally get the battle going on inside you fighting this illness and all the other symptoms...i think depression gets us all at sometimes and depends often on how severely we are affected.

You are a good dad just to carry on working for your family...i think we need appreciation for all we do achieve rather than what we cant!

I see you joined in 2013 but haven't seen any posts before so I am guessing you are having a hard time and come back for support...I hope you feel it on here.

Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back