MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
Does anyone else suffer from chronic headaches? It seems like my head hurts for any reason at any given time. I even get headaches from being too tired and forcing myself to stay awake! Since I currently don't have any migraine medication, I end up guzzling coffee to take the edge off.

Is this something that others deal with as well? Are you on medication for it, or do you just deal with it? Sometimes they're so bad I feel nauseated from them!

i have fibro and do have the occasional headache that is cause from my neck pain....I just take OTC meds for it. However, I have a friend with fibro who says that drinking a ton of water helps her ward off the headaches....just a suggestion.

I also suffer from headaches to the point of vomiting. Like mweber, I think mine radiate from the triggers at the occipital (neck). My Pain Doc. recently gave me Baclofen (10 mg 3x day). I think it is helping.

The staying hydrated is a wonderful suggestion also. Very important with treating headaches.

Hope you feel better soon!

I also have noticed that I get headaches a lot as well. I'm not sure what brings them on. Sometimes I think its just another place for fibro to take residence. lol I only take Ibuprofen if it continues on at night, only so I can sleep. And I will only take ibuprofen if its bad during the day. I don't like to take much meds.

I also have noticed that I get headaches a lot as well. I'm not sure what brings them on. Sometimes I think its just another place for fibro to take residence. lol I only take Ibuprofen if it continues on at night, only so I can sleep. And I will only take ibuprofen if its bad during the day. I don't like to take much meds.

I'm the same. The less I can be on medications, the better. Like you, I will also down ibuprofen if it gets bad enough. A lot of times, if I take ibuprofen and drink coffee, it will mostly dissipate.

I also think that drinking more water is a great suggestion. I have a huge tendency to become dehydrated.

I do, but not sure if this is linked in anyway to fibro, since I've been experiencing this since I was a kid. I think I suffer from migraine... it can ruin my whole day :( Sadly aspirins won't work most of the time, so when that doesn't work I just go to bed. Sometimes the pain is gone next day.

I do, but not sure if this is linked in anyway to fibro, since I've been experiencing this since I was a kid. I think I suffer from migraine... it can ruin my whole day :( Sadly aspirins won't work most of the time, so when that doesn't work I just go to bed. Sometimes the pain is gone next day.

I hate when they get so bad that you literally have to go laid down. That's the point when nothing else works. I also hate when I have headaches for days! It also seems like I just have a predisposition to headaches, like it's always the first symptoms of health issues with me.

For instance, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in July. The way I knew? I had a hypertensive headache for days! Apparently hypertension headaches aren't very common, but sure enough, I got them!

I do get headaches but not on a daily basis. When I stay out in the sun for too long I get very intense headaches, sometimes I can not even say if its my eyes or ears or the head because the pain is so intense such that I can not even move the head.

I just take the normal pain killer and after some rest, I recover.

I hate when they get so bad that you literally have to go laid down. That's the point when nothing else works. I also hate when I have headaches for days! It also seems like I just have a predisposition to headaches, like it's always the first symptoms of health issues with me.

For instance, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in July. The way I knew? I had a hypertensive headache for days! Apparently hypertension headaches aren't very common, but sure enough, I got them!

Oh man! That sounds awful :( I'm sorry to hear that! I had no idea hypertension could cause headaches! By the way, have you checked with a neurologist? I had to see one because my headaches caused me nausea and were worse in the morning, if something similar is happening to you... then you should really go see a neurologist :( Just to be sure.

Today my head was hurting again, but thankfully the aspirins worked this time!:mrgreen: A miracle!

Oh man! That sounds awful :( I'm sorry to hear that! I had no idea hypertension could cause headaches! By the way, have you checked with a neurologist? I had to see one because my headaches caused me nausea and were worse in the morning, if something similar is happening to you... then you should really go see a neurologist :( Just to be sure.

Today my head was hurting again, but thankfully the aspirins worked this time!:mrgreen: A miracle!

I have, but it was years ago. I saw a neurologist when I was 17 because I actually had a headache so bad that I threw up. They gave me migraine meds for that episode. After that, I went in when I became sick with fibro and some other stuff. He was more concerned with making sure that my nerve paths were working correctly, and that I didn't have MS as opposed to Fibro.

I'm sure I'll have to go back in because of the numbness and cold of my feet. I probably need to get that evaluated.

Do you ever suffer from numb hands? I lost the sensibility in one of my hands some years ago, this episode lasted for 2 or 3 weeks. Numb feet are also a scary symptom! It's really good you are going to get checked :)

Do you ever suffer from numb hands? I lost the sensibility in one of my hands some years ago, this episode lasted for 2 or 3 weeks. Numb feet are also a scary symptom! It's really good you are going to get checked :)

My hands will sometimes go numb, but they don't stay numb. Not like my feet that are like that consistently. My hands tend to cramp up and the thumb will turn into the palm. Now, that I know is fibro. I've been told as much by my doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back