Not open for further replies.

lmcole

Diagnosis
05/1999
Country
US
State
MN - Minnesota
I recently moved and had to establish with a new primary care doctor. I made an appointment with a dr. who was said to be very good. As he listened to my many complaints and my history I started thinking 'ok maybe he is actually paying attention'. After 20 minutes going through my history he said "I will have my nurse make you an appointment with a dietitian, I am sure if you lose some weight and get back do work you will feel better." I am so frustrated! I would much prefer to be working and skinny but that is just not in the cards right now. If they could make me feel better I could go back to work and lose weight! :mad: Just needed to vent a little. It is one of those days where i just want to throw my hands up and say "I give up!"

Imcole,
We understand and share your anger at such doctor's that waste a person's time and money. I had that happen countless times. I must have had a fight with my husband or I needed to lose weight. lol. I had rude doctor's that tried to make me feel foolish for asking questions about my health. I had ones that laughed at me and told me to go home and deal with it. I can't tell you how many times I left the doctor's offices in tears.

This just means you need to keep looking for a better primary doctor. Sometimes the National Fibromyalgia Groups can offer lists of doctors that believe in fibro and are willing to help. If not perhapes someone on this site can recommand a good doctor in your area. I must have gone through over twenty different doctors in search of a few good ones. Do you have a Rheumatologist, in your area?

You also must remember that primary care doctors are suppose to stay in their little nitch. Which is mostly simple everyday type symptoms. The new laws through Obamacare, limit their abilities in what they are allowed to do. So maybe your doctor is doing only what he can, but also has no bedside manner. Once you have a diagnosis of fibro most doctors will at the very least help with medications or other helpful suggestions. This one was either clueless or does not believe in fibro. I am sorry you had this happen to you. :)

I'm looking for a new doctor also & reading so much of this, it scares me to go looking for one! I was seeing a neurologist until he drug tested me & discharged me because I did not have the oxycodone he prescribed me in my system! Yep! It's true! I had been really sick with nausea & hadn't taken any. I sure didn't know this could happen, but I think it's prob for the best! He was only pushing more & more oxycodone on me! I'm completely off of that now, but still need pain meds some, especially with a flare up! Now I must find a new doctor & I'm not sure in what direction I should go......rheumatologist ? Internal Medicine? My PCP wrote me rx for hydrocodone, but prob won't again. Things are just too sticky because of drug seekers & it's terrible for the people that need it! I just hope & pray I can find a doctor that understands this & me! Lol! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back