Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
United States
I had my baby girl at the end of January, and during my two months of maternity leave I actually felt great. I was going to the gym every day and power walking then doing some body-weight exercises for 10 minutes, no flare-ups, felt great.

As soon as I started back to work part-time (I work from home as a writer/editor for a website) and continued my new role as full-time mom, my pain has gotten so bad that I'm icing my hands and wrists after washing the dishes, taking 4 hours to fall asleep, and the brain fog is so intense I just want to stare at my computer screen. Every time another work-related email arrives, I either tear up and try desperately not to tear up.

I'm fortunate that I have a hardworking healthy husband, but still not sure we can afford to really lose my income completely if I were to stop working and just focus on being a great mom and wife. And take better care of myself at the same time by not working.

How does applying for disability really work?
Did any of you other moms go through the same decision after maternity leave ended?

Feeling very alone, and tired. I don't know anyone with fibromyalgia and while my best friend is amazing at listening, I came here to all of you because it feels so unreal to have such limited capacity. It feels like fibromyalgia is taking everything from me...but maybe if I wasn't working, I'd feel alive again and able to enjoy motherhood and simple daily activity...

Any thoughts or suggestion appreciated...or simply hearing others who've gone through same issue...

Wow, you sounded like you were Great, then back to PT work, bam. Maybe working to live on one salary could work. Priorities. Good luck and congrats on new baby.

Congratulations on your new baby! It's wonderful, but also hugely stressful.
First, talk to your doctor.
I would suggest, if you can afford it, to take another month of maternity leave.
Good luck, dear!

I'm a mum of four. So I now how tired u can feel. I'd take some sick leave if you can. At lest you would still get some pay.
Talk to the dr , try new meds ,the less sleep u get the more you hurt.
I no some days walking to pre shcool half kills me but I refuse to see my little girl miss out because of my illness.
U need to find balance . And stop worrying about being super mum and super wife.fibro make super heroes out of us all. Because we have to work bloody harder then most ppl to get through day. Oh and stick around this place is so importent for us all, as we do understand each other xx

Thank you, everyone. (And thank you for the reminder that we don't need to be "super mom" or "super wife"....what I really want, when I'm honest with myself, and what I know I need, is to not work at all and just focus on being a good mom and a good wife -- these things would make me happy and keep me healthy -- without worrying about working. I think we could make it work, but the silly reason I hesitate to leave my job is because my boss is great and he needs me! But that's not my priority -- I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back