Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
This is for anyone who is going through the disability process and has retained an attorney. Do you have to get your doctors notes yourself or does your attorney obtain them for you? I was going along just fine requesting my doctors notes at the end of each visit until suddenly the last two visits I had I was told that my attorney had to obtain those records. Now if he has to ask for them he has to pay for them whereas I should be able to get them for free since that is my legal right. And it is my business who I share them with. So are these doctors screwing with me in saying that the attorney has to request the records/notes. I am just so confused with this whole process I am afraid I will be denied a third time because I did not do everything I was supposed to do in an orderly fashion. Thoughts, comments?

Hi there Krista.
I'm going through the disability process right now. I have an attorney and all they ever asked me for was the name and contact info. I do call them when and if I have anything new to report. If I happen to have a copy of something that pertains, then they ask me to fax it to them.
I know that it is hard going through this. In a way I was kind of lucky because my husband and I went through it with him. His took about 2 and a half years.
I think that they are messing with you. It is your right to have copies of your records. If you have to remind them of HIPA. Ask your lawyer about it as well.
I hope I helped a little bit.
Gentle hugs
Patti

krista,

make copies of your records. send to lawyer.

they(SSD) just want to see the diagnosis. if you have those just fax them to your attorney. they dont want to see all your records.

if your lawyer wants them from your doctor you will have to fill out a release of information at your doctors office for them to send it to lawyers

the law says, if the records are for you they can charge you. if they are for a doctor they cant charge you.
as its a lawyer they can charge you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back