Not open for further replies.

cduncan

Diagnosis
01/2006
Country
US
State
Wa
So today I decided to look for a forum that would ease some physical as well as emotional pain. I've suffered with pain more than 1/2 of my life, when I got diagnosed it was like a big weight lifted off of my shoulders, that I wasn't crazy like all of the Dr.'s kept telling me I was. As the yrs have gone by my condition is getting worse, I now have to have daily help, I can't work anymore and now the pain is ALL day, EVERY day. Some times I feel like I'm loosing my mind, and I feel like my life has no purpose. What kind of wife can I be? Thank God I'm married to a wonderful man that understands. But it doesn't help with the depression. I feel so alone most of the time, even though I know I'm not, I find myself isolating more and more. I need to get out of this funk. I'm looking forward to connecting with people that understand.

cduncan, Welcome to the forum. I was in the same place as you several years ago. I was unable to work and physical wore out all the time. I went from doctor to doctor searching for answers while trying to work a bit. Finally I was unable to work at all. The depression comes from being unable to enjoy life as you once did. It can drag you down and you get to a point where isolating yourself seems like a good idea, but in the long run it makes your condition a lot worse. Getting out off this funk is the better choice.

I know back then I connected with a forum and everyone on it became good friends over time. I can still drop in after all these years and pick up with friends. The best way is to come here a lot and do lots of posting in all areas. Try welcoming new people and sharing some of your coping skills. Ask questions and answer other folks with good answers. Make yourself at home. Come down to the pub and tea time, and share a bit about your day in the Good day to you section. Also count me as a new friend. I hope this brightens your day and puts a smile on your face.
There are lots of good friendly people here and I hope you will visit often. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back