Does the SHINE method truly work for fibromyalgia? Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crissy416

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
MO
My fibro pain comes and goes and I am much worse in the Spring. The fatigue is what is effecting my life. It's disabling. Right now I'm so foggy from this fibro flare that I can't remember how I feel the rest of the year. I know that sounds crazy. Anyhow, does the SHINE method help at all for fatigue? Does anything help for fatigue?

What is the "shine" method? I've done a lot of research on fibro over the last year and this is one thing I've never heard of! Love learning new things! If you don't mind, please fill those of us who haven't heard of this in! Thanks! :)

Found this with a web search.

S =
SLEEP: Get adequate sleep, preferably eight to nine hours a night. Sleep replenishes the body's energy and heals its muscles. Inadequate sleep will leave you exhausted and in pain.
H =
HORMONES: Get tested for hormone deficiency and treated if needed. Hormone deficiencies can contribute to fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
I =
IMMUNITY: Get treatment when symptoms of infections occur. The lack of restorative sleep in CFS/FM leads to dysfunctional immune systems. Underlying viral, bacterial, bowel, sinus and yeast infections are common and can be a contributing cause or result of CFS/FM.
N =
NUTRITON: To maintain normal health and optimal energy levels you need to be sure you body is getting a proper balance of nutrition, particularly as nutritional deficiencies can result from CFS/FM. Vitamin B-12, magnesium, Acetyl L-Carnitine, glutathione, as well as your basic A, B, C and D vitamins are especially vulnerable to depletion from this.
E =
EXERCISE: Exercise as able. After 10 weeks on the 4 steps above, you will be able to slowly increase your exercise-without being wiped out the next day!

Theoretically, it should work. Today I learned that my friend uses the SHINE method for a long while without even realizing it. Even doctors recommend it!

Theoretically, it should work. Today I learned that my friend uses the SHINE method for a long while without even realizing it. Even doctors recommend it!

How has it helped your friend's quality of life?

Crissy... taking care of your diet and exercising often, as well as the other things implied in SHINE can't never be bad! You should give it a try! Actually those things listed there are so good for your health in general, so why now? I'm myself trying to workout more and eat better. Avoiding sugar and processed foods as much as possible is very helpful, some foods can even help you with the inflammation.

This method is offered but a long commute for me... When i asked physical therapists about it..they said some of their clients tried this at clinics.. But they needed the therapy just the same. There are different forms of fibromyalgia and i would think that what helps one may not help the next...etc..
I try to be open to anything that might possibly help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back