Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
I just came across a very small study that showed a link between aspartame and fibro pain. The authors suggest that while more research is necessary, it wouldn't hurt to see if eliminating aspartame from your diet improves pain. I'm a HUGE advocate of eliminating all unnatural sweeteners and limiting intake of natural sources, but aspartame raises a huge flag for me. I have two sisters with epilepsy and they found that aspartame induces seizures. Not sure what research has been done on that, but anything that messes with brain chemistry/synapses to that degree can't be good.

The study noted two people whose fibro was induced by aspartame consumption. When they eliminated it from their diet, their symptoms resolved. Wish this was the reason for my fibro.

Note that aspartame has been renamed Amino Sweet.

Can't hurt to eliminate it from your diet and see if it helps your pain at all.

good advise! thanks for sharing this!

Hi! I drink Diet Coke and was concerned about aspartame too. I drink 2 cans a day, so nothing ridiculous, but enough to get me wondering. So, I eliminated aspartame from my diet for exactly 6 months, and it had no effect on my fibro pain whatsoever. Not that I'm discouraging others from trying, but that was my experience.

as my wife works for Pepsi, if you do go back to drinks then chose Pepsi.
your purchase puts food on my table...

PS please eat more lays chips too..lol

Aspartame had nothing to do with my fibro pain either. BUT it is very toxic and can cause many problems, the more you ingest the higher the risk. there is plenty of info out there, just watch the source.

I have NOT touched it or used it for years! Nor soft drinks, diet or regular.

Good clean water, and often add some DRibose to the water for energy lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back