New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Chexmix is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Lincoln
State: Ne
Diagnosed: 07/2014
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Chexmix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How do you get a diagnosis?

Hello,

What you have described does sound like fibro. Do you have the infamous 18 tender spots? My mother got diagnosed exactly 20 years before me. There is certainly some sort of familial correlation. I think 30% was a number I saw. I pray my child does not inherit this nightmare from me, it would break my heart. First time I mentioned to g.p. along with my history I got his support....morally...not pharaceutically...official diagnosis followed a few months later when I acquiesced and went with it...I had been fighting being diagnosed as no cure, no reason. He told me they could manage my symptoms....not so much, not a single pain pill. Thanks for the reminder that a mammogram was due but let me suffer 24-7. Good luck w blood tests...lots of money spent with not much to show. Do go for vitamin d levels though...we here typically run low. I take 500 iu D3 and got my numbers back up along with some energy. B levels might be helpful too. I supplement with lingual b12 vitamin as it doesn't absorb well for me pill form. Good luck. I hope you find the answers you seek!