Not open for further replies.

Ingalls

Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi :) I'm new here. I believe I've had fibromyalgia for about five years, but only got
diagnosed sometime last year.

I'm not sure what to include here. I'm 33, short, round, mom of three, wife to one, and
in a lot of pain :(

I have been working out with a trainer for over six months and lost about four pounds -- then
stopped lyrica, lost about seven right away, and haven't lost a pound in the past oh, four months. I'm afraid to go back on lyrica (weight gain etc) but will if it comes to it.

Supposedly staying active helps the symptoms but I'm not finding that to be so.

Hi Ingalls. It's good that you are working out. Don't stop. Maybe there s a diferent med that can help instead of lyrica. I use cymbalta and maybe gained 5 pounds. Maybe same for you. maybe not. Your choice will be what is best for you when your ready. Good luck.

I started Cymbalta, I believe the day after this post. I have found so far, that I'm snacking a lot less which I think is because I'm not
feeling as achey (which makes me feel less despondent, so I snack less). It's been really cold in our house, no heat yet this year, so while
it's very stiff waking up in a house that is 61F the Cymbalta must help with the aches as i'm still functioning.

I am on a break from the gym because my dr thought I had a torn rotator cuff -- which I'm wondering now if it is 'just' fibro pain -- but I'm
keeping up some of my home workouts, still, that my trainer gave me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back