Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
My husband smokes pot, I've been against it ever sence having kids because I heard it was a gateway drug to worse drugs, but ...... there are days I hurt so bad I try it, it just makes me -1 hungry, spacy, and tired. It's now legal, but......, Will I build up a tolerance to it, or get fatter, or ever have energy? Cause all I want to do is sleep
Someone told me you can't get addicted, is that true? Feeling torn.I've also entertained the idea of a bloodymary, am, a shot of rum maybe 2 or 3 around 1pm, and 2 or 3 glasses of wine pm. So, what's the worse of 2 evils? Before the big crackdown on opiots I was taking a low dose of opiots, but I hate pills, and I hate drinking and I hate no energy. I consider myself a level headed person, but something has got to give. The fda has cut fibromialgia patients down to nothing because they say it won't help, I was striped of the 2 measly pain pills that helped, along with alprazolam for nerves, panic attacks etc. In place of that though I was put on 5 new meds , all of which had BAD side effects. WEIGHT GAIN, DIZZY, FALLING ALL THE TIME, MEMORY PROBLEMS, BLURRY VISION, CLENCHING TEETH AT NIGHT, BLISTERS INSIDE MOUTH, AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES I REMEMBER.

All drugs are addictive.class A class B class C. Pot is as addictive as any other drug.
Plus it messes with your brain so your word and thoughts are muddled even more im not for or against it.but yes it's addictive .

First, a disclaimer - I have never used pot myself.

I've heard of pot helping some people who have not been able to find relief with medications. I have a coworker whose wife is in a lot of pain with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. My coworker tells me she smokes pot once a week for pain relief. She doesn't like to use pot more than that because she doesn't like the way it affects her mental state.

In the other hand, pot has not been tested the way pharmaceuticals get tested. I don't know of a list of side effects like the one that comes with a medication. You also have to consider whether it will interact with your other medications.

Hippiechick started a thread discussing pot several weeks ago, that might have some useful information for you.

Moe1959 I believe all pills are addictive. Sometimes you have to do what you gotta do to get some relief and if it is taking pills then you got to dot it I don't know if you are in a state that has medical marijuana or not. There is some medical marijuana that has no thc in it, therefore you don't get the high. Have you looked into cbd oil? it is hash oil without the thc. Here in IL it is legal, I use it like a e cigarette. It does help. I hope you can find something that gives you some kind of relief! Hang in there!

I ran across a new news story today about a Canadian doctor who just finished a study on medical Marijuana for fibromyalgia. One of the things he looked at is side effects. His name is Dr. Mark Ware. If you google him or "fibromyalgia cannabis news" you should be able to find it.

I use medical cannabis edibles every day to alleviate debilitating nausea. Once I got the dosage figured out I do not experience any side effects, such as feeling high or sleepy or hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back