DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
AU
State
VIC
Hi all,

I'm glad to have found this site but saddened that there are so many of us here.

I have ME/CFS, Fibro and IBS amongst an array of mental health issues.

I am really struggling at the moment as my Rheumatologist wants me off my pain meds namely Targin and Panadeine Forte. He wanted me to taper 10% per month. However my GP has left so the new one I have will have me off it in 6 weeks.

I really don't know what to do as I'm in a right state.

Anywhoo thanks for reading ☺

hi Mollycoop,

I remember being in a right state, wanting it all to stop, thinking there was no hope but since my rock bottom I've slowly recovered by learning to use my body correctly.

All my issues, physical and mental were because my body was wrecked. I didn't use my main muscles of movement, the 5 paired muscles key to a balanced, healthy body.

It's taken a long time, (and a lot of tears and emotional breakdowns) as I've learned to release the physical tensions on my body by focusing on my Base-Line muscles.

Pelvic floor Base foundation for all movement.

Rectus abdominis Line - our central pillar of strength from where all movement should originate.

Focus on these muscles, longer and stronger with every breath in.

Use the roll-down action.

Keep at it, start to feel the power of your Base-Line.

It is both that simple and a lot of hard work!

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

:smile:

You're not alone, I'm not sure what else to say other than keep thinking about your 5 main muscles of movement, starting with your pelvic floor Base and rectus abdominis Line.

"Breathing with your Base-Line" is a phrase I've been using.

Breathe in and up through your nostrils, activating your pelvic floor muscles, then rectus abdominis muscles, section by section from pelvis to chest.

Taking as many breaths as you need to engage and elongate your Base-Line as much as you can.

If you do a go-ogle images search for Base-Line muscles and have a good look at the anatomy. You don't need to know the details, just where the muscles are on your body.

The other thing that helped me was thinking "there is only now".
And breathing. Everything else is either past or future, there is only now so try and make it a bit better in your head. If that makes any sense?

Good luck, I'll be checking in with the forum regularly - it's good to admit how you feel "out-loud" I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back