Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
OH
I've been dealing with what I figured were symptoms of FM for months now, but just recently got insurance so I went to the doctor. Just got into the Rheumatologist on Tuesday and she diagnosed me with FM and ran some other tests to see what else was going on, if anything. The problem is, I got my results online but I don't go for a follow-up until April! I'm impatient as you can see lol. Here are my results I've gotten recently.

From October 9, 2013

ANA PATTERN SPECKLED
ANTI-NUCLEAR ANTIBODY >=1:640
URIC ACID 2.5 - 7.0 MG/DL 6.5
RHEUMATOID FACTOR <14 IU/ML <10.0
SEDIMENTATION RATE, WESTERGREN 0 - 20 MM/HR 2
ANTI-STREPTOLYSIN O <240 IU/ML 166
T4, FREE 0.80 - 1.80 NG/DL 1.42
TSH 0.40 - 4.00 MICRO IU/ML 1.6

From January 28, 2014

SJOGRENS ANTIBODIES (SSA) <20
SJOGRENS ANTIBODIES (SSB) <20
SM ANTIBODY <20
RNP ANTIBODY <20
DNA ANTIBODIES, NATIVE, REF LAB <=200
SCL-70 SCLERODERMA <20
HISTONE ANTIBODIES 1.9
THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODIES 0.02
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODY 20
CYCLIC CITRULINATED ANTIBODY, IGG <20
CK 0 - 200 U/L 113
JO-1 ANTIBODY <20

I started on Cymbalta 30mg Tuesday and 50,000 U Vit D2. I start Plaquenil on Tuesday. My body feels better, joints still hurt some but I'm nauseous as all get out for 3 days now. I heard the side effects are better around day 5. Can anyone give me any insight into these labs before I go nuts just wondering?

Google them. I see that some are in normal range :)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about lab work. More often than not it fluctuates. I had a positive RNP every test (I got a lot because every new Rheumatologist felt the previous Rheumatologist diagnosed me wrong) up until my last one in October. I had a positive ANA which I don't think I ever had before. However, if you Google the tests you will see that doctors don't make decisions on the lab tests alone because they very for everyone. Some people with Arthritis don't have the RH factor and some people with a negative ANA have Lupus. Nothing is definitive when it comes to these things. The only blood work results my doctors pay attention to are my CK levels, Sed Rate, C Reactive Protein, and liver enzymes.

The ANA is a general screening for Lupus. The Uric Acid is looking for Gout. Sedimentation rate (ESR) is looking or generalized inflammation. T4 and TSH are markers for Thyroid issues.

I'm not familiar with the other tests except for the CK. CK measures muscle breakdown. However, if those results were mine I'd be pretty please. Nothing looks all that abnormal to me.

LivetoErr is right, everything is normal. You have nothing to worry about. He ran the tests to rule out anything else so that he can confirm for sure that you do have Fibro. Rheumatoid Factor is to check for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since you have >10, you do NOT have RH.
The test results confirm it is not Auto-Immune, so most likely Fibro.

I'm a med tech, and I read everything looks normal. Just as a side note, if you ever have abnormal results, your Dr. Office will call and let you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back