Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
Uk
State
Dumfries and galloway
Hello from Scotland. I was diagnosed with Fibro in August this year, however, although I do get pain and various strange symptoms, my main complaint is sleepiness. I was also diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in March this year and now use a CPAP mask, but the overwhelming sleepiness continues so I have recently had some more sleep studies to try and get to the bottom of my problem. My apneas are now in normal range so perhaps it is some type of hypersomnolence connected with the Fibro. I really don't know but can only hope the experts get to the bottom of it as I have been off work for almost a year now as I am not allowed to drive (bus driver). To be honest i don't think I want to go back to driving large vehicles for if I have a bad day sleepy-wise, that would be dangerous for others. Sorry for rambling on a bit. I look forward to meeting other Fibro sufferers for unfortunately my best friend does not believe in Fibromyalgia at all and thinks its all in my head :roll:

Ramble on! It helps

Hay welcome.it sure can get lonely when no one understands what fibro is or does.thats why some of us are alone.
I had tiredness for months. Now I get pain.what meds are you on. As they can really make u sleepy.

I hope you can fill us in on your issues with sleep - I also have issues with sleep apnea, and while I haven't had any formal diagnosis on it yet (just my partner saying, "wow you stop breathing sometimes when you sleep") it seems to be an issue I'd like to hear more about. Our GPs in America cost a huge amount of dollars to try to figure this one out, so I don't know if it's different for you in Scotland?

Wecome from metoo. I am in the UK..my symptoms started with bad fatigue on and off then many years later the pain hit out of no where.Please feel free to share, ask anything and vent any time.We are here and all understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back