Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again about the spacing,I thought I had done it(and I did),but the site compressed it when it was registered.It confused me and I finally get it!First time,shame on the site,the second time shame on me!!I will double space next time.Duhh......

Lubkos way
Try to click on 'Go Advance' button below , then before you post just click ' preview' to read and correct your own writing before posting . I've found that to be the most effective way to avoid mistake since I often made mistake here my self .

Once again thanks for your help!

Once you finally posted you can also click edit below your new post to correct whatever you want but the time is limited.

I am not used to having helpful people in my life without paying for it some way,so it is much appreciated,you and others here,do have a warmth of character that I was not expecting online.I truly think it is helpful in a way that I cannot put into words just yet,because unexpected support for someone who has fibro is clearly noticed,since often times expected support is often lacking.

We have been having great weather in Montreal and for me,I can feel the impending changes of another winter coming,yet for several reasons I feel so optimistic,that winter is nothing more than a nuisance,a mole hill instead of a mountain!

I used to dread its arrival,and the feeling of impending isolation.Because I could not handle the cold,I would pretty much hibernate.This winter will be different,I can feel a sense of looking at it with a new attitude.Do any of you dread the soon to come winter?

Yes i do Lubkos way. I am home so much and UK winters are pretty bleak with dark dismal wet weather a lot.....often very little sunshine.

Even on the my worst days it helps to see the sun and just step outside and feel the rays for a few minutes and watch the birds or squirrels.

I feed the birds so i can see them from my windows too as where i live is very very quiet...i don't see other human beings as my house is tucked away from where you can see neighbours.

Lovely privacy when i was active and in and out all day but isolating now...so sunshine and warm days are a welcome uplift.

I'm not used to get compliments or sincere thank you without without price to pay either , sometime it does feel abit awkward to receive help without any payment attach to it. So I feel compelling to do my best to give back all the support that I have taken from everybody here as much as I could and support back to anyone that I came across here or outside. Cause isn't that how natures normally work?

I'm hibernating in both winter and summer and pop out sometime in spring or fall , but only during less humidity day only, talk about dread lol. You can picturing me yelling at the weather man or the sky for keeping me inside. Not to mention the dreadful sesonal allergies.

The natural world does offer so much in the sense of low stress levels, and let's face it,there are no users and greedy animals there than in our messed up human world!

It is so unfortunate that we end up feeling so isolated by the weather on top of everything else!Better days are surely coming,we have waited too long haven't we?

One of the things that kept me sane in the winter,was having hobbies to fill the long periods alone.

I know it is hard to stay focused,so I picked hobbies that you can pickup and drop,depending on energy levels.

I am curious if any members go on other fibro sites,or if this one is it?

Lubkos, I for one have not used other fibro sties. found only a couple and didn't really like either of them as it turned out.

thank you very much for spacing out your posts. Now I am able to read them!

I completely agree that having a hobby or doing projects is of great importance. If you are working on a project or craft or piece of art or whatever, it really takes your mind off everything else. It is wonderful therapy.

I am happiest when I am working on something. I will wake up in the morning thinking, "Oh, I could do this there and add that", or will have come to a solution to something that was stumping me the day before.

All of them are things that can be set down when I need to stop and go sit or lie down, and are not time-sensitive for the most part. If I am expected to get something done by a certain time I give myself a LOT of time to do it so there's no stress-rush, because that would spoil the fun.

There are so many hobbies, crafts, arts, and projects that a person can enjoy even if you can't leave the house or have limited energy. I think everyone is creative.....you just have to find what medium works for you. If anyone wants to have suggestions I will try to make some, because I do a lot of different things.

I think..... Making any kind of art or craft can save your life.

I have to say that I too would have gone nuts,if I had not gotten immersed in antiques from porclain to furniture,and everything in between,restoring various objects,a muscle car,making custom art frames......

My place is full of objects that I bought or got,which went from looking old,to having charm,style and simply look like they did 75 or more years ago,it does give you a sense of satisfaction that is difficult to feel,when fibro takes over most of your life.

I would highly recommend finding something that fits your style to anyone who is looking for a distraction from the constant reminders of this affliction,or you might say monkey on our backs!

Actually,I would prefer a monkey on my back to the cow on my shoulders....... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back