Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
02/2004
Country
US
State
Maine
So yesterday we had a big snow storm blow thru and it was a rough day for me pain wise. Today my pain is all over but the worst pain is in my groin/inside of my hip. Has anyone else had to deal with pain in this area, and if so what did you do to help it. I can't sit, or stand and I can only lay on my right side. Not a happy girl today. If anyone might have some suggestions I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Kirsten

Hi there!
You could try heating a blanket in your dryer and covering yourself with it. The warmth of the blanket will make you feel all warm and toasty, plus it will help to ease the muscle pain. I have used this many times when all else failed.
In bed lay extra covers over your feet and lower legs, to prevent cramps. The idea is to stay as warm as possible without being over heated. I hope it help you feel better soon. :)

Sorry to hear you are going tru that, Kirsten! I've suffered from pain in this area before (so bad I thought I was dying), but fortunately this doesn't happen often at all. I'm sorry to say I have no advices or suggestions for you for the reason I mentioned earlier, but 1sweed gave you an excellent suggestion! I actually do that as well; I always use extra blankets during winter (not enough for me tho - I still get pretty cold feet!).

Thank you for answering I really appreciate and I will definitely try your suggestion. It is weird for me because I usually run hot so for my feet to get so cold it is weird. But thanks again.

I get an intense pain like this but it's the inside and outer side of my hip/ pelvic area... This is caused by pains from a combination of lower back pain, my pelvic bone being tilted, and muscle spasms. It also gets so intense that I curl up and cry... I use a heating pad, and I have lidoderm patches my Dr prescribed, I will put the patch on the outside of my hip where the center of the pain is radiating from. This helps to numb my skin and also seems to radiate inwards (which I doubt is really possible since it is topical, but once my skin is desensitized it seems to help) and I will lay with the heat and I usually can get it to calm down just enough to be able to sleep it off or at least change positions.... Since yours is on the inside of the hip and groin area, I would also strongly suggest heat like 1sweed did. You may also want to talk to your Dr about maybe a numbing cream? To rub around the area to help desensitize the skin which may help.... I also like to try and stretch the area out (I do daily stretching a few times a day to help...) I know it hurts, but you want to make sure you're moving around enough, and also it may help too open the muscles up a bit, but do this after heating for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back