Not open for further replies.

csmith225

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
FL
I need to know if anyone ever experienced any stroke like symptoms? I've spent this weekend in the hospital taking test after test and everything comes back negative. I feel like such a fool, it's so frustrating to go to the hospital for what you think is an emergency and find that there isn't a problem.

I visited the E.R. more often then I care to remember in the first few years of having fibro. I had trouble breathing and symptoms that mimic M.S., like vision loss and foot dragging. I would lose my ability to speak for a week at a time with no reason for it. Swallowing issues with choking on food, and tonic seizures of being unable to move. I ended up in debt to the hospitals without a clue to what was wrong. So yes, I understand your frustration and wish I could ease your worrying.

I finally waited in going, dragging it out for several days and then seeing my G.P. doctor first and getting his opinion. He saved me a lot of heartache and worry, and money. A simple E.R. visit can run between 900-3,000 dollars. With or without insurance. :(

So sorry to hear you are going thru that csmith! It sounds like a really awful situation, but I believe a lot of us have gone thru that, me included. I ended up at the ER with symptoms that mimic a heart attack! So yeah, I know how scary it can be. You shouldn't feel like a fool for obeying your common sense and let doctors treat you when you feel it's an emergency! Actually you should feel like a fool when you ignore symptoms! I'm actually an advocate of always staying alert to symptoms! I hope you have a good insurance!

Thanks for you all input. It is so hard to hold back the tears of frustration, or having nurses and doctors look at you as if you have 3 heads. It's good news to know that you are okay and that all is well, but that feeling left with you "but it's true, I really did feel this and that way". Fibro suck!

Thanks for you all input. It is so hard to hold back the tears of frustration, or having nurses and doctors look at you as if you have 3 heads. It's good news to know that you are okay and that all is well, but that feeling left with you "but it's true, I really did feel this and that way". Fibro suck!
Yes it does suck. Only you know how you feel, so if you feel the need to go to the ER then that is the right move to make. I was working one night and thought what was an episode of Bells palsy was actually a mini stroke. I just had that gut feeling so I had a nurse where I work her opinion and I'm glad I did listen to my gut. Who cares how "they" look at you. We've all been there at one time or another. Always err on the side of caution. Good luck.

I've spent this weekend in the hospital taking test after test and everything comes back negative. I feel like such a fool, it's so frustrating to go to the hospital for what you think is an emergency and find that there isn't a problem.

I'm so glad to hear that all those tests have returned a negative result... that's always good news! Maybe they can't find what it *is* but it's always a comfort knowing what it's *not* isn't it? :)

If it feels like an emergency to you, then it should be treated like an emergency. Never EVER feel like a fool for something like this. I've worked in a hospital, and although people *perceive* the emergency workers are thinking they shouldn't have come, it's rarely like that.

I am sorry to hear of your symptoms. I actually have stroke type symptoms at time. However, it appears mine are likely related to my migraines. Do you happen to have any problems with migraines or headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back