Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
Kentucky
I watch TV a lot on my Roku: Sex and the City, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Roseanne, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Sherlock. My TV interests are very diverse! :D
I love to crochet. I am quite good at it, actually. At the moment, I'm crocheting a fox hat scarf where the head is the hat and the tail is the scarf. I knit, too, but it's not my favorite. I drink tons of coffee and paint. I have lost my motivation to paint lately, but I'm really hoping I get it back.

CAN YOU POST SOME PICS OF YOUR HAT? THAT'S GREAT! I'm to impatient. IT TAKES ALOT OF TALENT. I JUST GOT DONE DISCUSSING CHRISTMAS WITH MY HUSBAND, HE SUGGESTED I MAKE GIFTS. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ARTSY. WE'RE A ONE INCOME FAM CAUSE I CAN'T WORK AND GETTING DISABILITY IS DRAGGING IT'S FEET.

Hi Megan, I really like Dr. Who too. When I started watching it Tom Baker was the Doctor. It wasn't well known in the US back then, and I had to recruit my friends to watch it with me :)

Your fox hat/scarf sounds very creative. I used to make my mother crocheted snowflakes for her Christmas tree to relieve stress when I was in college. I've also done a lot of beadwork in the past. I used to have visions of design ideas and I could hardly wait to make the idea into a physical reality so I could see what it looks like. Then my workplace got really stressful and I stopped doing any beadwork for several years. I recently took it up again and made a few necklaces.

TV is so helpful to me. I'm watching Sex and the city right now! Carrie is bumping into Big & Natasha while manning Aiden's furniture booth. -love it :)
I used to knit but then it started feeling weird on my hands, I've been thinking of taking it up again with thicker needles and thicker yarn. I painted a ton in high school and my early 20s and stopped when my energy got low. I try to work hard to fit in the things that still give me joy, but give myself the freedom to take a break from things that start to feel like 'work.' I usually come back to them later. Hobbies have totally saved me. The countdown to watching the last season of Downton had begun!

Ah yes we have the final series of Downton now...i hope they bring some parts to a conclusion like Lady Mary finally remarrying and Edith finding happiness and revealing her daughter. I don't like it when they leave it open ended for our imaginations ....we will miss it as this is the most popular thing on UK TV every autumn.

I love historical dramas...when i was a child it was something called the FORSYTE SAGA...all the family would gather round to watch at about 8pm all cosy by the fire...later around 1975 it was Poldark a series about a handsome miner in Cornwall and all his romantic and business antics.

I don't expect you know these in the US and not sure they would be every ones cup of tea worldwide.

I can't wait till Downton airs here. I need to see what happens to Edith! I want a 'happy ever after' for her. I've watched every episode of all the other season multiple times. It's a good show and has been a real familiar comfort to me on bad pain days.
Do you watch 'Mr. Selfridge'? That's another PBS show I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back