Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/1989
Country
US
State
TX
I suffer from fibro and CFS. My husband doesn't take me seriously and constantly reminds me how the house, bills etc have been neglected. My only support was my mother and she just text me to tell me to get it together, to give it to god. That my marriage and pain is affecting her life. I'm tired , I don't want to go on like this. I am a Christian and have faith. But there are days like today that I feel so alone and these days are dominating any good days I may have. I miss feelings of joy. I hate the way my husband looks at me with disgust. I'll be fine, but I don't think my life will ever be the same as before

So sorry your having such a bad day Hun... It's bad enough trying to cope with this condition, without having to worry about those around you understanding or not... I don't know what to say to you, other than sitting your Husband down and having a long chat about your condition, how it's effecting you, and long term, things will have to change, tell him you need support not dirty looks and making you feel inadequate.
I know where you are right now, I got divorced due to the lack of support, four years later I married a wonderful man, who loves me for who I am, and nothing is to much trouble... I am spiritual, and I have faith, but I am the one that has to live this life, and I am the one that needs to make choices to make my life all it can be, sometimes that means back tracking, or huge change, and yes it's twice as devistating because of the fibro and CFS ...I also suffer with both... My Mum passed away last year, I lost my Dad 11 years before that... I have no children,,just the love of my Husband to keep me warm... But it's a bed I made, a place I want to be, a place I can live more or less stress free, and that is so very important...
If your relationship is not working, and you have tried to make it work, best to walk away...as for your Mum, all very well telling you to give this condition to God, but that's not very helpful, sound like she would benafit from some research, or going to her doctors to find out more about your condition, in the vain hope it will help her understand... I am so sorry your having to live with this attitude around you, from the two people that should be your number one support... I really do wish you well...good luck x

Tracia45, welcome to the forum. we understand here. we will support you.

My husband doesn't take me seriously: ask him right up, do you still love me? get that answer before going on. next time he gives you that look. tell him to place that energy into researching Firbo and have him come here to learn. if he cant support you then who can. he's being lazy by not getting the bills done himself. if he's a christian man tell him god is watching him very closely on how he is handling this.

God: God gave you this. is your mom telling you to tell god i dont want this take it back? has he ever worked that way in the past?

Mom: If your marriage and pain is affecting her: what is her plan to help you? sounds like a throw stones at a glass house woman. if she feels that, then you should stop any more communication with her. tell her you understand and its best for her this way. she will come around. her text messages are cowardly. we say things in text and email that we would never say in person. she and your husband are causing you STRESS. stress =pain.

like PJ said come to terms with your mom and hubby. they are only bringing you down and making your triggers worse.

Im sorry you have this and you have to put up with family too.

read the posts out there. make them see and feel your pain(clothes pins),before they make judgement on you. just like they are not willing to feel your pain, your not willing to do a mans job by doing the bills.

hang in there with us..we need your support too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back