DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
NC
trying to find some relief, what pain meds work best for fiber pain?:-(

Each person is different with the meds. I'm sorry. You will have to go through the process of trying each one and increasing the Dose's first. Each med should take about 4-6 weeks to work.
Good luck. Please post any other questions you may have.

Cymbalta is my best friend for pain relief. You should speak with your physician to discuss medication possibilities; as Cmet said, every person is different. If you struggle with depression (as most people do) you may benefit from an antidepressant (e.g. Cymbalta) that is also used for pain mgt.

Looks like 244 people read your post , and 2 comments. Someone told me that the moderators get paid every time there's a post
Is that true?

moderators get paid? ive never heard of that. if thats the case i want to be one..lol
also im making someone lots of money then..lol

Dutchie, it's hard to say which meds work best. Everyone seems to respond differently and some manage their fibro without pain meds. Exercise, supplements, lotions and creams are other tried and true avenues for some folks as are guided meditation and cognitive behavioral therapy. Some folks use medical marijuana. I use Cymbalta and Tramadol as pain meds, and I still have pain. I also meditate, do yoga, walk and gently exercise, eat a healthy vegetarian diet, drink lots of water, limit sugar and nightshades, take magnesium malate, Vit D and calcium along with a good B complex supplement, and try to stay as positive as possible. When I start to get down, I notice my pain more. My normal pain level is 4-6, but I'm okay with that. My doc has given me percocet 7.5 or 10/325 a couple times when I have been in major flares, but I don't like the way it makes me feel. I'm fuzzy brained enough with the fibro fog. Some folks here take fentynal, morphine, oxys, and other morphine derived pain meds and still have pain. I hate to say it's trial and error, but it is. My advice is not to put all your pain eggs in one basket and expect to find the magic pill than rids you completely of pain. Talk with your doc about options and research your options. The better informed you are, the more control you have over fibro. You have to be the expert. Good luck and hugs.

I am currently taking Lexapro (for depression) and tramadol. I have hydrocodone when the flare ups are really bad. I was on Cymbalta and it seemed like maybe it was decreasing the level of pain I was experiencing but after some pretty stressful events, I went into a depression and was given the option of upping my dose of Cymbalta from 60 mg to 120 mg but after readying some posts, I decided to switch over to Lexapro since I had used it before for depression. I have been off of Cymbalta for a couple of weeks and it seems like my depression is lifting some but my pain is increasing. Uggggg. I am working with a neurologist but am seeing another rheumatologist soon to get a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back