Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
FL
I often experience severe lower back pain at the base of my spine with my fibro. In past years I have had epidurals to treat it. Mommy, she doesn't think I should have anymore. I did it probably at 23. Now at 28 for some reason she thinks it's more dangerous for me to be "playing around with my spine." Have any of you had epidurals for back pain? If so, what were the results and your opinions on it? I really need some relief. I'm at the point where I can hardly bear to sit up long. Help!:(

Hi,how long do they work for you.i mean if they give you a life back why not.its not like your doing it yourself.im sure it safe.
Now as for back pain many many of us really do get that a lot.

I don't remember. I think 3-4 months. It might just be inflammation or arthritis I don't know, would it work for that? All I know is my back is killing me. I went to my primary care today and he gave me Meloxicam and Tizandine. He doesn't do epidurals. I'd have to go to my pain management doctor for that. Only problem is I have medicare and I haven't met my deductible yet since it's the first of the year and I know that would be ridiculously expensive to pay for out of pocket so I don't want to go to him right now.

I am 34 and have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in addition to fibro, so I have tremendous amounts of low back pain. I had an epidural injection in December for it. It didn't give me much relief but I've known many people over the years that it does give relief to. My opinion would be if it possibly will help and give you even some amount of relief for a while, it's worth giving it a shot. Opinions from others can be helpful, but don't let them dictate what you do to find relief. Most people give their opinions with good intentions, but they can't feel the things we deal with as fibro sufferers. Do what it takes for you to have less pain, just my opinion.

If it's arthritis would it still help?

Go for hydrotherapy, it will help you in your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back