Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
PA
Hi! My name is Monica, I've had Fibro since at least 2004, I've had mono at least 3 times and Lyme. I'm on the Fentanyl patch. Started at 50, went to 75....way too much, I'm down to 12mgs...its still a bit uncomfortable, but my neck is my spot. It causes almost daily headaches that mimic migraines. No fun at all. I'm taking Fioracette and a muscle relaxer to help with the headaches...doesn't really do a whole lot, but I'm getting up every morning and going to work. I live in southeaster pa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Monica! I'm Christine. I was diagnosed in 2003, but it didn't really start affecting me until about 10 or so years ago. I started a business and I think the stress of that and a few other things have just made it worse and worse. I still get up every day and work 10+ hours a day. My house doesn't get cleaned, and I can't cook any more. I'm currently taking tylenol/codeine 4 for the pain, Tizanadine for a muscle relaxer, diazapam to help my vertigo (real low dosage), and venlafaxine for anxiety/depression, and hydroxycine for nerve hives. LOL I'm in Northeastern TX, born and raised in SoCal though. But I'm a Texas girl now through and through!

Hi Monica My name is Kristin. I am in South Dakota. I am new to all of this and hoping I got the right diagnosis. I was just diagnosed last week. I am also new to these boards. I did post some questions I had and waiting for some replies.
I dont get headaches but I do get pain in my legs and arms neck and sometimes my ribs. Just ibuprofen so far and that doesn’t always work. Somedays my legs feel to weak to hardly walk but I make it. Seems silly but I ordered a cane to maybe have with me in my purse incase I need it. I haven’t got it yet. I feel silly welcoming when I just joined yesterday 😀 but welcome

Hi Monica My name is Kristin. I am in South Dakota. I am new to all of this and hoping I got the right diagnosis. I was just diagnosed last week. I am also new to these boards. I did post some questions I had and waiting for some replies.
I dont get headaches but I do get pain in my legs and arms neck and sometimes my ribs. Just ibuprofen so far and that doesn’t always work. Somedays my legs feel to weak to hardly walk but I make it. Seems silly but I ordered a cane to maybe have with me in my purse incase I need it. I haven’t got it yet. I feel silly welcoming when I just joined yesterday 😀 but welcome
Hey Kristin! My name is Denise. I'm new as of 2 minutes ago!! I joined this to help and get help, to share my experience with this mess of a disease. I was diagnosed 5 years ago. The doctor thought, and I've been tested twice since, that I possibly had MS. I was a Vet Tech for 18 years, a job I adored, and had to quit because of the pain. I was trying to figure out why everytime I tried to get up or down I hurt, the headaches were frequent, I'd been suffering confusion and fogginess . . . . . this went on for weeks! Finally I went to the doctor, several times and they concluded that it was Fibromyalgia. Since then I've noticed it getting worse as the years go. I have flare ups a lot but lately, I've had a lot of stress, I've been hurting really bad. The past week has been awful. It hurts to walk, I can't sleep, headache, my eyes even hurt! Yesterday I tried to go shopping with my mother and I was in such a fog, I couldn't concentrate at all and was dizzy the whole day. Crazy. I think I may borrow your idea of a cane because there are certain times when it's hard to get up from the sitting position and even walking to the kitchen.

Thanks for joining everyone the more the merrier! Feel free to post if you need help. It helps to have a place to help and share with people who know what it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back