Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
My fingers lock up and I can't get them to lay down and its very painful and then they feel very weak when its over

yes I have trouble with dexterity. Fine motor skills. It feels like my arms are so heavy they feel best dropped by my sides. If I lift them up my hands shake and also get that stiffness.

Sometimes I get pins and needles all down my arms and in my hands. Then the muscles in my hands seize and curls my hands in. My fingers and hands wont work right while this is happening. Then when it stops, usually within 20 minutes or so, my hands ache and feel weeak.

Sometimes the pain is in my hands! They ache so bad I can't even use them. Thank goodness they are one of the pains that is off an on. You know I did find something that helped tremendously! I went and bought compression gloves, they only go up to your knuckles so your fingers are free and it covers your hands like a glove! It felt amazing to wear them. It is the only thing that would help! Please give them a try. I forgot what I paid for them, I know it was reasonable. Good luck, hope you get some relief!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot yes , sounds like tigger finger to me. As that's painful. Look it up and sure u will find yourself nodding yes to most of what they say.
Funny thing is I did a post on painful hands to .

so what the treatment of trigger finger? dont say drop the gun either..lol

I too have problems with my hands. The joints hurt really bad at times. They get stiff. I have had x-rays done, there is no significant arthritis there that should explain the pain. There are times I cannot move my fingers, they are so painful. It can last a couple of days then one day it is gone. Very strange. Sometimes my fingers are swollen. It really varies what they do. I drop things too, way too often. I will grab sometime, and a pain will shoot through my hand and fingers out of no where and I have to release whatever I am holding the pain is so intense.

stay hydrated. that pain is the nerve. the swelling will cause them to rub your skin or a movement the same thing.

Scren, I picked up some compression (or arthritis) gloves at our local store today. I generally have pain in my hands all the time, except when I swim... Or wear these gloves. :) Thank you for sharing, you have really helped me

DK thanks for sharing that you received some relief from a member suggestion. that how we help each other help.
great job.

glad to hear that! :)

I wish I could post a picture of my hands my my joints turn red and my hands cramp and then it's like my joints lock up and my fingers look out of joint. It hurts really bad it it will stay that way for a few minutes then they get weak and shake... Idk why this happens but it scares me

get on the phone with the doctor. have him call you as waiting on an appointment wont work.

it could be something more serious than fibro.

get some help. take a pic of your hands and take it to the emergency room in case it stops before you get there.

better to be safe than sorry with that one.

Hippiechic91 Have you been checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis?

I went to the physical therapist yesterday and she said it looks like something wrong with the tendons in my fingers and recommended me to their occupational therapist. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in September because I've been wandering about the arthritis myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back