Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Well after 79 straight day/nights of level 7/8/9 pain i received a small 1 1/2 day break.
My break from the pain is now over.

I had to go for my monthly visit with pain mgt doctor yesterday.

she wants answers on my metal reaction so bad. she now wants we to go to some place called the Cleveland clinic for the metal thing.:confused: like the mayo clinic wasn't enough?

i told her i don't care about the metal thing ive come to terms im the only one in the world with it and like the rest of the things i have there is no cure for it. so here's ME telling a doctor "i just stay away from metal' lmao.:lol:

I told her im not here for the metal thing im here for the pain from the Fibro,lupus,neuropathy,spascity and arthritis pain. so she increased my morphine and the
subsys that can kill me at any dose and gave me a new muscle relaxer. thanks to my daily log book! it's so important for these visits.

So now she and her new assistant, think the metal thing is all in my head.

The assistant asked me, if i blind fold you and walk you around here, you can tell me where all the stainless steel is? i said yes i can and i have done that before in a hospital and doctors office. i told him its lighting bolts hitting me and you can tell what direction it is coming from.

i told him that i also passed out from the stainless in their bathroom in the past. thats why he is instructed to remove all the stainless things in the bathroom/exam room. Thats why he must stay outside the bathroom door while im in there. the handicapped rails are a nightmare for me. the lighting bolts to my groin area make it very hard to pee for the drug test. I only have 2-3 minutes in there or i pass out.

so their answer to this is:
I want you to go see a pain phsyic and regular phsyic($345 per visit, cash only) as if its in my head.

Sometimes i think that it would be better for me to bang my head on the wall, rather than go to her office and going through all that pain.
this way i can get no results and still feel the pain. lol.

What a nightmare an office visit is with the pain.
I went down in the parking lot after the visit. they didnt even come out to help me up off the ground. when i went back in, they asked if im ok, because they saw me fall down. i laughed and said im fine. hurt like hell, both legs went numb(metal reaction).I cried for hours after the visit. level 7/8 pain.

well im off to research the cleveland clinic, why? because she wont drop it. but she will drop all my meds..lol

may none for you have to go through this!

The bottom line here is: she is a doctor that cares!

thanks for reading!

update:
im now back on the walker today. level 7/8 again!

I researched the Cleveland clinic. much like mayo and ut southwestern.

So i chatted with someone on their website to see if they had any idea of who or what type of group i would maybe set an appointment to see about the metal reaction. they gave me a phone number to call. i called the number and the guy on the phone told me. are you ready? ive never heard of that, i dont know who to even send you too and im not sure if any one would even know how to treat you here. we dont do allergy testing here. but i will have a nurse call you back and maybe they will know. so no call back today from nurse. maybe tomorrow.

thats just how CME rolls!

Your blessed to have a Dr that will (listen). Keep jumping through the hoops.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a hamster in a cage?

more like a roaming lost zombie. thanks for the support. now hold the hoop still!

So what is the next step?
I'm glad you have a good Dr. It means so much! My "team" are all great; Chiro, MT, (massage therapist),PCP & pain management dr. are all so good to me!
I am blessed.

my next step is to call my doctor and tell her what i found. im have her call them and see how that goes. they have a line just for doctors.
it's 3:00am here and im up typing this msg. the pain is unreal in my legs this am. im just push on.

I got a call back from the pain physic last night at 6pm.

she wanted to know what i wanted the appointment for?

i told her im not sure what you do or why im to see you. im just supposed to see you. she said well i need to know what your doctor wants me to do.
From what she told me what she does i dont what to see her.
She said that normally she sees paients to advise the doctor on surgery and the needles in the neck. well im not having those i told her.
Then she would normally evaluate for fibro, or lupus or something that i already have. so she thinks it maybe for her to give me some coping methods like meditation and breathing exercises. i told her i already do those.

I told her of the metal reaction and maybe thats why she wants me to see you. she said " lve never heard of that". she then asked me to call my doctor and get an exact answer to what she wants the me to do for you. it's just crazy.

Again, i feel i should just bang my head on the wall to get the same result. im beginning to think that the pain mgt doctor needs to see a shrink.

thanks again for reading and caring about me. im go try to sleep through this pain. i hope you all have a better day tomorrow.

cmetryme, Are you doing better today? (Sunday). Good thing I love the Lord or I'd have used the shotgun on myself. So blasted frustrating! I do a lot of planning to be able to make it to church on Sundays, like changing dr. appts and massage closer to the end of the week; resting; not working on things very hard; etc. Half the time I can't get there due to pain and then while at church today not just my legs but my back nearly have me on the floor. There is NO pattern to this, regardless of the log book, meds, rest,food. Nothing makes sense.

And here I asked YOU how you are doing...so sorry, it just steamed over.

Rural, thanmks for checking on me. not to good . i was in the yard yesterday and my legs began shacking. the gave out on me. i fell to the ground . broke my rib. got up a few minutes later and fell again. i had no cell phone on me to call for help. i had to roll across lawen and crawl across concreate patio to inside the house. suffered all night. now leaving for airport to go to Colorado.

cmetryme, i felt really sorry after reading your last post. I hope you are carefully following the instructions given by your doctor.

tod. thanks for reading. i am following everything. even banging my head. well my trip was nice and denver was a great suprise for me. low - no pain there. im move there asap.

cmetryme, Didn't quite understand what you wrote. Are you moving? Or you want to move due to the lack of pain you felt? My heart is heavy for what you are going through. You are on my prayer list!

Cmetryme ,that scary having a med that could kill u.is it worth it seein your in so much pain.u can't be the only the only one with this problem.now I no you will laugh at this but have you thought of seeing a psychic .or a healer .dont laugh a good healer can do wonders. And as I no u have money I don't mean the girl down the road I mean a well known one in your area. Just a thought.

Hi Cmetryme,

How are you feeling now? I've been on medication for last week and have also seem to have developed CFS and keep yawning the entire day. It was unreal to read about what you have gone through this past week. I too recently became aware of the term "pain management" and have been referred by my doc to one, but haven't been able to get enough energy to make that trip, but hope this week I will.
wish you luck in your trip. Do meditate for a few minutes each day.

About the metal allergy, I completely believe you. I think there is something to do with the wiring of our brains which makes us super sensitive and super reactive to stimulus. Hope some researcher will find the cause and solution sooner.

luv
Bombay Mum

Rural,bombay mum, and forgetmenot, thanks for your support. the pain level was so low that i want to move to denver. my wife and i are talking about it.
so Saturday my wife made me do research on why denver was a pain free state to me. i found that the humility was 100%. the elevation was 5400.

so my wife got me in the car at 11:30 am and said we are driving to new mexico to the mountains
to see if the elevation helped. as i drove, my wife wrote in the daily log book. we found that the higher the elevation the more the pain was reduced. even my broken rib had less pain too. so we got to 6,600 ft above sea level and the pain just stopped. the numbness went away. the throbbing and knife pains stopped. my legs didnt hurt. even with driving 9 hours. we were both amazed. we sat at a diner in the middle of no where, the wind blowing at 60 mph. i sat in a metal chair and it didnt shock me or make my azz and legs go numb. it was a great one hour of relief.so we went home and my wife documented the 9 hours back home. i cried 4 times from the pain and just hit the bed when i got home. i could not sleep in the car ride at all from the pain.

So now my wife and i are going to Prescott AZ to the mountains there. her mom is only one hour from there. if the same thing happens there, we will be moving to AZ for sure. i just need some relief and if moving to the mountains is the answer then im doing it.

Please let me know if the elevation helps you.

Forgetmenot:

The med is working according to my daily log book. just imagine how i was before the it could kill me med.
if the med kills me then i wont be in pain anymore.

My sister in law has a talk show on the internet and she has a healer on her show.
i spent $200 for a meeting over the phone with her. she gave me good advice. told me to do the mediation and breathing exercises. told me to take
some supplements.

So the healer told me in all my past lives i have been a healer. i will need to heal myself to make my pain stop. (why i do research myself)

Seeing a physic. my doctor told me to see one last week. she thinks the metal pain is all in my head. i can only laugh at her.
i spoke to one on the phone to make the appointment and she dosent know how to help me as she would show me the breathing exercises and meditation. i'll be dealing with that issue next month with the PM doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back