Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Believe it or not.but I've not meet many Fibro folk with this.
The ache.the all over I've got flu ache.
The Im Coming down with something ache.i hate it. Every time I have a flare I get it.
It drives me nuts.my skin hurts .i never know weather I'm coming down with something or a flare.i walk like a gibbon arms and legs everywhere.
And I'd rather have pain then this torturous bloody ache 24/7
So if any of u do suffer this form of torture and have some idea to help I'd love to hear .x

I suffer with this frequently. For 8 years before my diagnosis,I thought I had the flu several times a year. Hot showers were the only thing that helped but I recently got a hot tub which has been a life saver! Also I take Tramadol and Advil together which helps a bit too. Hope you find something to help you out. Take care.

I thought that's what fibro was for everyone and have never really understood flares.

I ache all over every day and with any movement/activity or just laying in bed aching turns to pain from the weight of my own body on the mattress and pillow.

I wish i had great tips ...i just use hot water bottles and frequently have to go lay down with two or three placed on the most painful bits and watch tv or use laptop to try and distract myself.

I know you have a young daughter and can't just do this...all i can say is i hope your eases soon.

Last edited:
It's the same for me, this pervasive, diffuse pain all the time, everywhere. I can only be out of bed for a couple hours at a time before I have to lie back down, since the pain is somewhat less then. I use ice, or heat (or Icyhot gel) to soothe the aches, but I'm also on copious quantities of meds-- methadone and Percocet for pain, flexeril and methylcarbomol as muscle relaxants, plus antidepressants up the wazoo. Yet I still hurt all the time.

Gosh Cyrion that's quite a cocktail and you are still in pain. Honestly i totally get it and feel for you...it's a horrible situation to be in.

You can gain from taking spicy drinks like chamomile and fennel which soothe the nervous system and calm headaches. Have you identified other triggers other than the weather? The clothing you wear also matter. Loose woollens are as good in controlling FM pain as medications in cold weather. Therefore, a woollen cap in cold weather is fine. I don't abstain from eating fruits during this time to replenish the supply of vitamin C which fights it effectively. Best regards.

Yeah, I'm actually weaning off the method one, as I've been on it for six years or so, and I don't think it's helping anymore. But I don't know what to use instead . . . I've tried gabapentin (gave me awful aphasia), I'm allergic to morphine, and Vicodin just never cut it. My insurance won't cover Lyrica or Cymbalta.

aphasia,that's me on a good day lol.but I hurt so much today,neck back legs and arm are a killer today.i also have one eye short sighted and one long so now taping have become a nightmare.

Am having a really really bad day too with pain every where like you Forgetmenot....even struggling to scroll pages on this site let alone type.

Hey Ho might go curl up with my hot water bottles and rest....so sad the sun is out and my lovely partner has gone out doing stuff we used to love to do together.

I want him to be busy and occupied but oh my i am soooo sad and fed up not being included.

So sorry insurance doesn't cover different meds Cyrion...it's not fair and i don't even like reading that there are limitations on treatments.

Thanks, Willow. I'm due for a epidural to my lumbar spine on Thursday; maybe it will help. I'm sad to hear you're having a bad day. It really rots to not be able to do things you used to enjoy, and worse, I think, when you have to watch others doing those things without you. My sympathies.

I have this too. It's off and on and sometimes I can't tell if it's Fibro or just getting sick.

We all get it in my family. It's usually either a virus or allergies, and often comes with general fatigue and sometimes this crazy sleepiness almost like narcolepsy, where I'm reasonably rested, but I can feel myself falling asleep even while I'm sitting at a stop light waiting for it to turn green.

Lately, we all resort to a warm fizzy drink of Natural Calm with 4 grams of magnesium at night before I go to bed. My daughter, the one with fibro, says she can really feel the difference if she doesn't take the Natural Calm. We also take 3 caps of krill oil every day. We seem to get extra achy if we stop taking it, and we add MSM to our tea every day. My daughter starts getting desperate if we run out of fish oil

We also try a Niacin flush occasionally, if it gets really bad. I did a flush, one day, and was absolutely amazed to have a few minutes of zero pain. I was amazed. I jumped up out of my chair without any moans and groans and walked around and just moved and did stuff because it was so amazing. It seems to flush out some of those toxins, and sort of do a "reset". It doesn't make all pain go away forever, but occasionally, for a little while, it can be a big relief. My daughter also has problems controlling temperature, and a niacin flush can make her feel all toasty and warm for a little while. She once said that was the only time all day that she had felt truly warm.

Adding to my previous comment -- a lot of research on Fibro suggests that cirulcation is an issue, and some treatments that get oxygen to the tissues, like Hyperbaric Oxygen, seem to be helpful. Fish oil thins blood and allows it to more more freely in the body. Niacin expands the blood vessels and increases circulation. So, there are arguments for why these can help to flush toxins and circulate oxygen to the tissues, and magnesium boost blood flow.

I also ache like this about 95% of the time.......every now and then I have a day where I go "What's going on? I feel normal!". and the next morning the ache is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back