Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Yep, as the title says... my fatigue this week has been worse than ever. I should be used to this by now, but it's so hard! I wake up feeling so tired now, and things get worse after lunch and continue until I go to bed. My arms and legs feel so heavy at times, lately I feel I can't be standing up for too long. It's so hard to stand up and stay that way... I just want to lie down all day.

Is any of you experiencing this on a daily basis? How do you control it?

I'm so sorry. I used to have it a lot worse when I was first diagnosed. It was daily. I coped by being on a lot of meds and I had to sleep a lot. Physical therapy helped me a lot at the beginning, but that doesn't tickle. It's more like hurting in the short term for a pay off in the future.

My biggest suggestion is to take it easy when you start to tire, but make sure you don't become completely sedentary. You have to try to keep moving as much as you can.

I hope you feel better soon!

I've had a few days like that as well, especially if I don't sleep well the night before. I listen to my body, I rest, and after about the second day, I make myself get up and do something small, like just walking outside to get some fresh air. I am seeing a therapist to help deal with everything and she said you have to keep thinking positive thoughts as they will produce positive actions. I tell myself that this will pass and it does. Hope that helps. :)

I experience fatigue on a daily basis! The way I deal with it is coffee...Teehee...I know, I know, it's not the best way to handle it, but it's sometimes the only way I can get that extra boost of energy to take me through the day. I've tried getting more sleep, but to be honest, on days I get more sleep, I sometimes end up being more tired throughout the day! (If that makes any sense at all.) I saw a study showing that some people function better on less sleep though, so I wonder if that has something to do with my fatigue on days where I got a good night's sleep the night before.

I'm sorry to hear that :( It must be because your pregnancy, but usually once the pregnancy is over you go back feeling like new :) I tried coffee for my fatigue, but it doesn't help at all. There are days I swear I could just sleep the whole day, if it wasn't because I really have a lot things to do, then I'd surely sleep the whole day... I'd at least spend the rest of the day on the bed, resting my eyes...! Gosh, I sound like an old lady (no disrespect to the old ladies! they probably have more energy than I do!).

I'm so sorry. I used to have it a lot worse when I was first diagnosed. It was daily. I coped by being on a lot of meds and I had to sleep a lot. Physical therapy helped me a lot at the beginning, but that doesn't tickle. It's more like hurting in the short term for a pay off in the future.

My biggest suggestion is to take it easy when you start to tire, but make sure you don't become completely sedentary. You have to try to keep moving as much as you can.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for the advice, today I wanted to exercise, but I ended up sleeping 12 hours or so :-x Maybe a bit more. By the way, are you still taking your meds? I stopped taking mine because the nasty side effects! I don't like to use that word, but seriously... some medications seem to do more harm than good! I'm trying to stay active really hard nowadays, but today it wasn't possible. I'll try tomorrow... I need to get in shape, I'll be traveling very soon :( I should be happy about it, but... well, you know how hard it is to live with this. Plus fibro isn't my only health concern.

Thanks :) I hope you feel better soon as well. We gotta be strong :) !

I've also had a tiring week. I think it is because the weather has cooled off. Whenever Fall hits, I want to sleep like twelve hours a day. I could probably sleep that much or more if I didn't have to work. This week has been especially brutal for me. I almost gave in and drank some caffeine but I held my ground and continued my caffeine free life.

Thanks for the advice, today I wanted to exercise, but I ended up sleeping 12 hours or so :-x Maybe a bit more. By the way, are you still taking your meds? I stopped taking mine because the nasty side effects! I don't like to use that word, but seriously... some medications seem to do more harm than good! I'm trying to stay active really hard nowadays, but today it wasn't possible. I'll try tomorrow... I need to get in shape, I'll be traveling very soon :( I should be happy about it, but... well, you know how hard it is to live with this. Plus fibro isn't my only health concern.

Thanks :) I hope you feel better soon as well. We gotta be strong :) !

I'm not on any meds. I weaned myself off. I do take Ibupofren and I have Tramadol, but that's about it. I usually don't even take them. I too need to start an actual exercise routine for fibro and other health issues. Any indoor pools near you? That's the best exercise if you can do it. Water aquatics and swimming are low impact cardio on the body with high impact results.

I think everyone has days where they just want to stay in bed, and I think that's fine too. Just as long as you're not laying in bed all day everyday. I actually know of someone who is like that years after diagnosis and she isn't doing so hot. Getting up and just walking around makes a huge difference.

I hope you're feeling better! *gentle hugs*

I've had a few days like that as well, especially if I don't sleep well the night before. I listen to my body, I rest, and after about the second day, I make myself get up and do something small, like just walking outside to get some fresh air. I am seeing a therapist to help deal with everything and she said you have to keep thinking positive thoughts as they will produce positive actions. I tell myself that this will pass and it does. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks, Bev :) I'm trying to keep a positive attitude as well :) I'm trying not to stress myself, because in the end I think... how does that help me? It doesn't, my doctor it makes things even worse! So... why do we tend to worry so much? As if by worrying excessively (like I do sometimes) our problems are going to get magically solved! It's a bad habit, really hard to beat, but there is no choice :) Thanks for sharing, Bev :)

I'm not on any meds. I weaned myself off. I do take Ibupofren and I have Tramadol, but that's about it. I usually don't even take them. I too need to start an actual exercise routine for fibro and other health issues. Any indoor pools near you? That's the best exercise if you can do it. Water aquatics and swimming are low impact cardio on the body with high impact results.

I think everyone has days where they just want to stay in bed, and I think that's fine too. Just as long as you're not laying in bed all day everyday. I actually know of someone who is like that years after diagnosis and she isn't doing so hot. Getting up and just walking around makes a huge difference.

I hope you're feeling better! *gentle hugs*

That's very brave :) Not many people dare to do that, you know? Why did you decided to go unmedicated? Was it because the many side effects associated to those meds you were taking? Because that was the reason I decided to go unmedicated a long time ago, hence I use ''medical'' marijuana nowadays. So far so good, but it doesn't really help with my fatigue... lately I'm sleeping more than ever tho :p

I heard about exercising in a pool, it sounds like a wonderful idea, but sadly we don't have any pool nearby and I'm not that good at swimming. I might start going to the pool once I move to the Netherlands :) I might start swimming over there as well. I can only hope :D

Thanks, you are very kind :) It's great to be in contact with people who really understand. Best of luck with everything! *Gentle Hugs*

I can relate to you because I am in the same boat. Since sleeping a good sleep is impossible with the pains, waking up tired becomes the new normal.

The body is tired sometimes but your mind and brains is very much active, So one feels as if they are trapped in a sick body.

Myself I have a stools around the house, a kitchen stool so that I can sit while cooking and a stool in the bathroom in case I feel like sitting down. That way I don't stand for long.

Don't give up through, its just that one has good days and worse days with fibro.

Yes! for me, the fatigue is the worst part! The combination of Lyrica and Cymbalta keeps the pain manageable, but I have found nothing that helps the fatigue. Most days I feel like I am wrestling under a heavy, wet blanket. It is the kind of fatigue that sleep, rest or even all the 5 hour energy shots in the world just can't touch it.

Have you tried with natural supplement? I'm taking a B complex and it seems to be helping me a lot with the energy. I just feel very drowsy nowadays because my damn insuline resistance :( You should try with natural supplements :) There are many great brands out there: Doctor's best and NOW foods are my faovrite ones. Great overall quality ;)

I can relate to you because I am in the same boat. Since sleeping a good sleep is impossible with the pains, waking up tired becomes the new normal.

The body is tired sometimes but your mind and brains is very much active, So one feels as if they are trapped in a sick body.

Myself I have a stools around the house, a kitchen stool so that I can sit while cooking and a stool in the bathroom in case I feel like sitting down. That way I don't stand for long.

Don't give up through, its just that one has good days and worse days with fibro.

Hi there :) Lately doing what I have to do is really hard, getting up in the morning is the hardest part, but I manage. Sorry to hear you're going tru the same... fatigue is just... almost impossible to manage! As I write this I feel exhausted! Have you tried with a multivitamin? I just ordered something from Ebay, some multivitamins and some natural supplements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back