Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi there! I was diagnosed about a month ago although it was suggested to me years ago but I wasn't ready to accept the diagnosis. I'm struggling with the stigma. I feel that anyone I tell rolls their eyes and thinks, "Here's another thing you're going to complain about." I have treatment resistant depression and GAD. And rosacea. Like, can I ever get anything that can be cured?? People are sick of me complaining although I feel I hardly complain at all to other people other than my husband. I'm looking forward to meeting other people here and learning more about fibromyalgia; and hopefully learn to accept it.

Welcome.moan away.this is where most of us do our moaning. It's hard for ppl to understand.its like trying to explain giving birth to a man,or prostrate to a women.you can't really ever know the pain there in.
So moan away,ask anything you like.theres only one silly question in the whole world,and that's the one you don't ask.xx

Hi, I understand completely.I have bipolar and fibromyalgia, so I can relate. I feel like people think I'm complaining or talking about my problems or how I feel all the time.Whenever I seem to say something about how I'm feeling people always switch the subject or start talking about themselves. Anything to keep from hearing about me again.

Hiya

Like the others have said, moan as much as you need to, it makes a big difference moaning to others who understand. I often get the rolling of eyes or oh, that old chestnut etc when I complain of pain which, to be fair I could be doing a heck of a lot more if I did so every time I was struggling! Like you, it's my hubby who hears it the most but he doesn't seem to get it. Last week I was at my lowest point ever, this week I'm back to muddling through and managing to put a brave face on. Chin up & moan anytime on here, we're all here to help. ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back