DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
Uk
State
Wiltshire
Hi,

I don't come on here that often but i'm in need of some perspective. I have been having what I call a flare up and im scared. Its been ongoing for the last 2 weeks and usually I can snap out of it or fix myself but this time I feel like i've just gone numb. Nothing hurts, everything is loud, im forgetting everything, I cannot get enough sleep and Its really starting to scare me.

I don't know how to deal with the stress of work or relationships or life....everything needs to be done and there is no time for it ....or nothing needs to be done and i dont know how to do nothing.

I have always felt like this will never get in the way of my life and I have always tried to get around things that i have been struggling with. Adapt rather give in.....but I cant anymore....I need help or an answer or some advise....please?

Hi Elsie,

Sorry you're having a tough time. I have no real advice, but plenty of empathy! I'm also having a flare up and feel pretty lousy. I think it's so important to be kind to yourself, though. Try and accept the pain (one thing I learnt from childbirth is that if you fight the pain to try and make it go away, it makes it so much worse!)...easier said than done, of course, but try and do things that cheer you up, whether that's watching crap telly or going for a walk (gentle exercise will really help).

You're sick right now. Don't put any major expectations on yourself. Just get plenty of rest and try to ride this wave until it passes. And know you're not alone xx

Hi Elsie, I also don't post often but I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND where you're coming from, so I had to say something.

It feels like it's been a months-long flare for me with all different kinds of bullshit issues...I guess it's the weather changing? Or it getting colder? Do you live in a place where seasons drastically change?

Noises are drive me crazy, but it's been terrible as of late. Physically and mentally, it's just awful.

You just have to take care of yourself, as stupid as that sounds. You have to figure out what helps/doesn't help and remember that this flare won't last forever (fingers crossed).

As silly as it seems, lying down and watching some stupid tv show takes a lot of stress off of me. I'm not sure of your situation, but I hope you're able to be selfish for awhile...

Hi Both,

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I wish I could be selfish for a while and I am trying to make more time for me. With a business to run theres not much me time.

It very well may be the change in weather. Im in england where we've had the hottest summer and now we're having frost and possible snow.
The noises are an issue so I always have something on in the background. It sounds silly but at the moment even the vibrations from the fans in the cellar are getting to me. I run pubs, so i really cant get away from this noise.

I have been thinking more and more that I need even just an hour to myself a week to do something that i enjoy to try and relief some of the stress....I just need to vent every now and again but thank you all for helping. It really has helped me

Hi Elsie

I’m just seeing this post and just wanted to say you’re definitely not alone.

I’m struggling big time just now, my mood is really low and I feel so alone with this horrible illness. I’m trying so hard to be positive but failing miserably at the moment.

Sorry I wasn’t trying to make this post about me, just trying to reassure you. I really hope you turn a corner soon, fibro sucks the life out of you sometimes.
x

Hi,

I don't come on here that often but i'm in need of some perspective. I have been having what I call a flare up and im scared. Its been ongoing for the last 2 weeks and usually I can snap out of it or fix myself but this time I feel like i've just gone numb. Nothing hurts, everything is loud, im forgetting everything, I cannot get enough sleep and Its really starting to scare me.

I don't know how to deal with the stress of work or relationships or life....everything needs to be done and there is no time for it ....or nothing needs to be done and i dont know how to do nothing.

I have always felt like this will never get in the way of my life and I have always tried to get around things that i have been struggling with. Adapt rather give in.....but I cant anymore....I need help or an answer or some advise....please?

The causes of stress are personal for each person. Therefore, it is better for you to take into account not the perspective, but the motivation and understanding where to get it from. Take care of things that you really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back