Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
Kentucky
My neurologist told me that my headaches stem from stress. When my neck gets tense, it goes up to my head. It's a fibro thing, he says. I never thought of it that way. Anyone else have chronic migraines? If so, what do you take for them? I was prescribed Imitrex.

HI Megan...yes i get migraines face and jaw pain....made worse or brought on by stress.

Does Imitrex help you. I have read a few of your posts and you seem to be suffering from stress a lot. I get it i do too. Have you sought any profesional help or counceling or reaching out to an understanding friend?

Is it the illness stressing you or are there things in your life you could change or ask for help with so that the pain and your quality of life becomes better?

Hi Megan! I get migraines and have since I was about 6yrs old. Thankfully I don't have them as often as I did in my 20's, usually now when I get one it is brought on by stress. I have found the best remedy for me is excedrine migraine taken with 7up and then going to bed and trying to sleep it off. Of course the excedrine/7up combo tends to be more effective if taken at the first sign of a migraine.

Hi Megan, I struggled with chronic migraines for many years before I got fibromyalgia. My headaches were so frequent the first neurologist I saw didn't believe it was possible I was having migraines. It was my PCP who figured out my headaches were migraines. He gave me a Imitrex to see if it would help. I immediately felt so much better. Remembering what the neurologist had said, I asked him if he was sure I had migraine. He said if migraine medication works, it isn't a tension headache.

I had to change my diet to get the migraines under control, meaning I got one every other month or so. Then the chronic migraine came back last summer and I started taking Butterbur to control them. Knock on wood, I haven't had too many this year...

Last edited:
My poor mum has been in hospital for migraines nothing helps her. We just found out she has polymyalgia . So maybe that what's making her head so bad.
Funny enough they can find that on blood tests. Here me trying to get what used to be called pip. Or DLL. And I don't stand much hope because they have no tests to prove it.

Forgetmenot don't give up on the PIP application....just because there is no blood test doen't mean you wont get it. Include a madical report from your Gp and consultant rather than wait for the DWP to contact them if they decide to. Put in letters of support from them and from any friends or family that focuses on not just confirming your illness pain fatigue etc but must say about the help you need and how you would not manage or suffer without it.

There is a website called Benefits and Work that has tons of information about how to fill in the forms. You have to pay a small fee to join but the information and guides are worth it. I know people who genuinely qualify but needed help with filling in the forms.

Sorry about your MUM...polymyalgia is treatable with steroids and usually goes away on its own after a few years. I was tested for it when i first had pain.

Last edited:
I used to get headaches real bad. Thought was sinuses and found out that was musculoskeletal. I take a flexeril (muscle relaxer) before bed
every night. And sometimes I may need one during the day, just depends. It did
help with the headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back