Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OK
What would you do?

Earlier, I got to thinking about things I'd like to do and try to figure out a way to make it happen. Of course, I have FM and the chronic pain holds me back from doing so much. I thought, if that wasn't a problem, ID love to take my daughter to Disney World.

I'm newly diagnosed, so my doctor and I are still working on a viable treatment plan. But, I hope to someday soon be able to do that.

What would you like to do if health and chronic pain or Fatigue Weren't a problem?

Sorry Destiny you can't make the trip right now; seems impossible to plan for anything.

I guess I would say, if I could go back to "normal" for my age, I would go back to work full time (or at least attempt to find it), go back to my
hobbies/side business, move back to the east coast, go back to doing some volunteer work. I'd also like to go for a nice long run...I would be
like Forest Gump and just keep going

Destiny I'm sorry you aren't up to a trip to Disney with your daughter. I know that I pushed myself when the kids where young, I didn't know what was wrong with me so I just kept trying to be normal. I thank God all the time that he allowed me to not be completely knocked out when they where young.
You will find the meds and alternatives that work for you and your dream will emerge in time. I'm not saying Disney with fibro or CFS would ever be easy but nothing for us ever is so you man as well struggle there then struggle at the play ground!

I often think of things I will do when I get better, sometimes I let them consume me I think just to encorage me. And I have actually got to do some things lately like playing ball with my dog, I've got on the back of the Harley and gone on a 10 mile ride and one day I cleaned the fridge completely out!

Hope is what we live for. It is important to keep it alive. Keep making those "honey I will do lists"!

Yes i hope you can make that trip one day too.

I too spend time daydreaming about the things i love to do and try and feel the feelings.

I would work all day long in my lovely garden mowing all the lawns, trimming tress and hedges and potting up beautiful extravagant flower tubs and hanging baskets to adorn the house and and patio.

I would walk in the countryside marveling at nature, animals in fields and birds and butterflies and view the architecture of our ancient pretty stone villages, churches and visit some of our cathedral cities like York and Bath where the original Roman baths still bubble away,

I would shop til i dropped buying all the tight and trendy clothes i can no longer wear because it hurts like jeans and high heeled boots Pick up gifts for my family by touching and seeing rather than from the internet where my choices now are made from pictures and reading reviews.

I would get on a flights a couple of times a year to visit my son as he travels a lot and mostly lives abroad and then spoil him with lovely meals out together and treats to enhance his lifestyle and hobbies.

Then i would let him show me round the cities and rural areas and meet some of the friends he has made in his many years of travelling the globe. Something i know he has been wanting me to do but mt health prevents.

And do some voluntary work delivering meals on wheels to the elderly and disabled spending a bit of time chatting to brighten their day and offer support and care.

And help my elderly parents all the time to make these latter years for them easier and more cosseted.

Ha Ha is that enough!!!

Last edited:
I'd surely work full time and exercise more :) Right now I exercise 0 minutes :p But I hope I can start exercising 20 or 30 minutes 5 days a week in the next weeks. I can only hope :) I'd also do more things at home, maybe lead a more active social life... who knows, maybe I could be a runner again. I guess I'd also travel more often, specially now I'll be living in Europe... it's easier to travel to other European countries when you life there and not so expensive. I'd love to be able to walk and walk around European cities like Sevilla and Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back