Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
03/2004
Country
Rom
State
European Union (border re
My friend was reluctant from the first time, since he though the doctor wouldn't believe or would diagnose him wrongly. But everything went okay.

I was in and out of the doctors for other reasons, like arthritis, lack of motion in my wrists, huge abscess that had to be drained, and more. So as my fibromyalgia developed, I was getting blood work and testing done anyway. But it took several months for me to go in specifically for the fibromyalgia because I didn't know what type of doctor to go to. It was too overwhelming, and I wasn't convinced I needed to see one until my fibro became too much to bear.

drs are meant to help you. ive been to the doctor a few times in a month with different complaints. finally he sent me to a neurologist and he diagnosed fibromyagia. im glad I kept bugging him even though it's so not my type of thing to do.

At first I didn't. Honestly I wasn't confident of their abilities to help me properly. But in the end I had no choice but to go because I wasn't able to help myself.

I honestly have a hate-love relationship with most doctors, some just plain suck while others are quite nice and knowledgeable, but those are harder to find that a needle in a haystack. Tomorrow I have a doc appointment, will ask about my massive hiatal hernia, hoping to get answers, but I'm not too hopeful.

I did go to the doctor to get my diagnosis, but I lived in denial for a while... I just couldn't accept something was actually wrong, until the pain started to get worse and worse... same with the digestive issues and migraines.

Doctors are actually the most understanding beings out there. You can always trust one and he/she will never doubt your symptoms, even though this condition isn't recognized as being something real.

I have been going to my doctor for over 3 years with this lingering pain. I finally ask him right out if it might be Fibromyalgia, he took a blood test and said I didn't have it. I have been going for water therapy and the therapist there said there was no blood test for Fibromyalgia, she told me to have him do a trigger point test on my body or get a second opinion. I don't know what to do. I am going to a pain doctor for SI joint injections every 3-4 months. Help me explain this pain!

In my country, actually, fibromyalgia is not seen as a certain disease by a lot of doctors. However, they will still believe you and try to offer different treatements.

Yes I went to the doctor. A good doctor will listen and take concerns seriously I know this is not always easy to find but I was lucky to find a good doctor.

I agree with you. Doctors are always careful and they usually believe your symptoms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back