Not open for further replies.

Fran

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
My sister has Fibromyalgia. I have seen what a struggle it has been for her. Really, it is not just my sister, but three of my aunts as well. Now something is happening to me. I do have a large lump on my spine, which might be why I feel so bad. I am supposed to see a neurosurgeon about it. Doctors are less than speedy with the referrals.

I'm tired and in a lot of pain all the time. My neck is much of that pain, and now a herniated disk in the lower back. The back of my head goes numb and I get dizzy in a car. I wonder if I have what the rest of my family does, something else, or both. :confused:

Fran,
I am sorry to hear of your health problems. Some days it feels like we are falling apart and the relatives too. I wish you the best of luck concerning you back condition and I hope and pray you will be alright. While you don't have fibro, maybe some of the advice on managing symptoms like pain will help you find some new coping skills. No matter what the diagnosis is there are always symptoms to manage, some with drugs and some without.

Please take time to read some of the posts in the areas of your concerns in pain and fatigue, and with luck you will find plenty of new ideas to work with, plus have a chance to add your thoughts and opinions, and make some new friends around the forum. :)

Wow, I've never heard of so many people in one family having fibromyalgia. It's just me and my Mom in my family. It hits us both differently. Mine is mostly in my neck and back. My Mom is usually in her hands and occasionally in her shoulders.

Hope that you're able to find some assistance with your condition too. :)

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Fran! I really hope you can see a neurosugeon soon, and I hope is a good one. I really hope that lump is nothing serious, and you find out what the real issue is. Hopely you will be one of the few members in your family with no fibro :) Please keep us posted, sometimes the waiting is the hardest part. Best of luck with everything, Fran!

Wow, I've never heard of so many people in one family having fibromyalgia. It's just me and my Mom in my family. It hits us both differently. Mine is mostly in my neck and back. My Mom is usually in her hands and occasionally in her shoulders.

Hope that you're able to find some assistance with your condition too. :)

I did not realize it was abnormal for so many people in my family to have it. I thought it was genetic and normal. That worries me even more. I wish I knew why it was so prevalent in my family. Maybe if someone researched us they would figure something out.

I wonder if what is happening in my family will soon be happening in other families with generations to come. I hope we are just a weird fluke and not some warning signs that researchers are missing.

I am sorry that you are not well. It is possible that many of your symptoms are related to the problem with your spine. I am sorry that it is a delay to get that checked. But, it does also sound as if there is some reason to evaluate you for Fibro as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back