Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2003
Country
US
State
TX
Has anyone ever tried going to tanning bed to help with pain? My physician sent me for a couple of visits per week. My husband was not happy with the risk of me getting skin cancer, it helped my pain alot, i am also a distance runner and have zero energy right now, i also have pain like crazy right now and irritability. I am very overwhelmed right now because i am a busy person. Does anyone have any good advice for me so that I can get through this time. Diet wise, just anything! I have to take Ativan for sleep and this is getting OLD. Thanks for any help, I am ready to SCREAM. :-|:-|

Interesting. I hadn't heard about this yet but i instantly thought that's increasing vitamin d levels. I take vitamin d3 and oral b12 as well as b stress tablets. I think the oral b12 helped my overall energy levels. There's a potential link between gut issues and ability to absorb vitamins so the ones you swish under your tongue may be benefial. I'm in awe of your running ability! Tons of info out there about diet and fibro. Some say gluten intolerance others say dairy could potentially be an issue. I'm pretty sure sugar is causing me pain but not wanting to give up one of my last vices. An elimination diet might help you pinpoint your triggers...not fun or easy but could be very rewarding. Good luck!

good morning. i use light therapy and heat. i bought an infrared sauna (thank you craigslist) with a chromotherapy function and i find it definitely helps with mood, pain, fatigue. i tried the tanning too, about a year and a half ago when i had my first (unrecognized) flare and it helped some, but not as much as the sauna, because you can stay in much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back