Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Can a scare of any kind heighten Fibromyalgia symptoms? I recently was scared by some news that has left me more than a little apprehensive. I feel sobbish and I can't seem to put the thought out of my mind, and that alone makes me feel like sobbing, unless, the scare that was was put into me goes away.

Of course it can. A scare that has continuing emotional trauma like you're describing is Stress. Stress comes from lots of sources-illness, physical exertion, mental exertion, emotional pain. Your body responds to your emotional stress, and with fibro, stress makes all the symptoms worse.

I'm sorry you're facing the scary thing. Is there a friend you could talk to about the scare so you wouldn't have to face it alone?

So sorry to hear you are going thru a hard time, being apprehensive about something is one of the worst feelings ever, I know because I am and have gone thru that in the past. I hate health scares! Sucks when you have a health scare or any other kind of scare, but health ones are the worse, because you have to depend on others and trust they will help you out.

Can a scare of any kind heighten Fibromyalgia symptoms? I recently was scared by some news that has left me more than a little apprehensive.

I can't really answer for fibro specifically because I don't know the answer, but I do know that emotional pain can transfer to physical pain... whether or not fibro is involved.

When that has happened to me in the past, I mostly felt it in my arms and legs... and it's hard to explain how or why something emotional can cause such a high degree of physical pain, but it absolutely does sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back