Not open for further replies.

Siderea

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
ND
Can you tell the difference between having the flu and having fibro pain mixed with IBS symptoms?

I'm not entirely sure if I have the flu, but my body is certainly acting like it this morning. Then again, I've only had the flu once in my life, so maybe I don't have a good understanding of what flus feel like.

So sorry you are feeling so bad, When ever I have had the flu it hits me really hard. I usually no because off the sore throat, and chest congestion. but I cant tell because I always have Body pain. So I do understand your question. Are you coughing up phelm and do you have a sore throat or chest congestion. Thats the only way I know, I hope you are feeling better soon. Make sure you drink alot of fluid and get plenty of rest. I hope I answered your question.

Well, if you have congested nose and some cough, then odds are it's flu. Most of the time flu makes things way worse, makes the pain felt like 3x times worse! Just awful. Sometimes two gang up on you, hard to tell if it's the flu alone, if you have fever then you do for sure have the flu + fibro pain.

Thanks! I have had lots of fevers lately that last for an hour or two at a time. I was fighting a mild sore throat, but I assumed it was from seasonal allergies. I haven't been congested, but my doctor has me on arabanogalacatin, which gets rid of mucus in the body. I was pretty nauseous for several hours, but it cleared up. The weather was kinda nasty then too. So I still don't really know what was going on. But based on your responses, it probably wasn't the flu.

I've had fribro and I've had the flu and I think that if you had the flu you would know it. The thing with the flu is that it goes away and usually pretty quickly like within 48 hours, well at least the feeling so bad you think you're going to die goes away pretty quickly.

Fibro fatigue and body aches are similar to those symptoms when you have the flu. But as others have commented, the flu comes with respiratory symptoms as well.

I rarely get the flu. When I get congested it is either a cold or allergies. I didn't know that it could be included in fibro symptoms. I hadn't thought about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back